Subject: [ipfix-protocol] terminology nit

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:39:28 +0200

Dear all,

I have a small comment on the IPFIX terminology as stated in version -13
of the protocol draft.

>  Template
>
>    Template is an ordered sequence of <type, length> pairs, used to
>    completely identify the structure and semantics of a particular set
                ^^^^^^^^
>    of information that needs to be communicated from an IPFIX Device to
>    a Collector.  Each Template is uniquely identifiable by means of a
>    Template ID.

The current phrasing is not fully correct.
The Template ID _identifies_ "structure and semantics of a particular set
of information". But the Template itself does more: It specifies it.

I suggest replacing 'identify' with 'specify'.

Thanks,

    Juergen

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 00:42:22 +0200

Thanks Juergen. Done.

Nevil, you should do the same change in IPFIX-ARCH.

Regards, Benoit.