Subject: [ipfix-as] applicability draft version 06

From: Tanja Zseby <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 19:35:45 +0200

Hi all,

we just submitted a new version of the IPFIX applicability statement 
(draft-ietf-ipfix-as-06.txt). The only changes are some editorial 
changes from Benoit and Tal Givoly's comments on IP Accounting 
/reliability where we mainly referenced in section 2.1.what was stated 
in RFC3917.

Regards
Tanja

-- 
Dipl.-Ing. Tanja Zseby			    	      	
Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS			Email: [email-masked]	
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31			Phone: +49-30-3463-7153
D-10589 Berlin, Germany				Fax:   +49-30-3463-8153
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
"Living on earth is expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun." (Anonymous)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:49:47 +0200

Tanja,

Thanks for the new draft.
Some minor editorial problems left.

1.An alignment issue.

        0                   1                   2                   3  
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1  
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  
       |          Set ID = 256         |          Length = 32          |  
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  
       |                          198.18.1.12                          | 
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  
       |                          198.18.2.254                         |  
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  
       |   101110 00   |                 987410                       |  
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+  

2.  RTFM flows, however, are bidirectional, i.e. an RTFM meter 
    matches packets from B to A and A to B as separate parts of a 
    single flow, and maintains two sets of packet and byte counters, 
    one for each direction. IPFIX flow are unidirectional. Users 
    that require bidirectional flows have to match the two 
    directions in post-processing. 

IPFIX flow are unidirectional
-> 
IPFIX flows are unidirectional

I guess that no new draft is needed, as those minor editorial changes 
can be solved after the IESG review...

Regards, Benoit.