Subject: [ipfix] dateTimeMicroSeconds, dateTimeNanoSeconds

From: [email-masked] (Jon Kåre Hellan)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:04:56 +0200

Hi

sec. 6.1.8 of the protocol spec now reads:

>  6.1.8   dateTimeNanoSeconds 
>    
>   The data type of dateTimeNanoSeconds represents a time value in 
>   units of nanoseconds normalized to the GMT timezone.  It is encoded 
>   in a 64-bit integer according to the NTP format given in [RFC1305]. 

6.1.9 dateTimeMicroSeconds is the same, except that it says "units of
microseconds". 

Are these types different in order to provide hints about precision,
or could they be merged?

Jon Kåre 

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/