Subject: [ipfix] IPFIX milestones/status as of this week

From: Dave Plonka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:15:18 -0600

IPFIXers,

Since it's IETF meeting week, and the PSAMP is meeting tomorrow, I
offer this update on the IPFIX status in lieu of any other report,
since we did not schedule an IPFIX meeting this time.

The I-D tracker shows our four drafts now in "Publication Requested"
state as of 2005-11-04.  Nevil's email submitting them is quoted in
part below.  I believe Bert Wijnen will be our Shepherding AD for these
documents.  In the past days, he mentioned will begin reviewing them.

We've just submitted a request to change our four remaining milestones
to "Done".

There are about six other IPFIX pertinent individual drafts now (most
mentioned recently in the list) that can continue work as individual
submissions with discussion on our mailing list.  Nevil and I can
examine how they fit our charter.

So, there is that work going on while we're in this AD/IESG review
stage, but our primary goal is to be able to respond to feedback to
complete the publication process.

Also, there is perhaps some IPFIX-pertinent content that will be
presented at tomorrow's PSAMP meeting.

Dave

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 01:30:20PM +1200, Nevil Brownlee wrote:
> 
> Hi David and Bert:
> 
> Following our meeting at IETF in Paris we agreed to revise the drafts
> to reflect the discussions there, then run another WG last call.
> 
> That last call produced quite a lot of discussion on the IPFIX mailing
> list, resulting in editorial changes to the Architecture, Protocol
> and Info Model drafts.  We have now completed those discussions, reaching
> WG consensus on all four drafts.
> 
> This note is our formal request to you (our ADs), asking you to
> submit the four IPFIX drafts to IESG for publication as RFS.
> The drafts are:
> 
>   Standards Track    draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-19.txt
>   Standards Track    draft-ietf-ipfix-info-11.txt
> 
>   Informational      draft-ietf-ipfix-architecture-09.txt
>   Informational      draft-ietf-ipfix-as-06.txt
> 
> All four of the drafts have been checked by idnits, no problems
> were found.

-- 
[email-masked]  http://net.doit.wisc.edu/~plonka  ARS:N9HZF  Madison, WI

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/