Subject: [ipfix] new draft with regard to: IPFIX testing

From: "Carsten Schmoll" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:20:42 +0100

Dear all,
this mail is to kindly inform you that:
 
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

 Title  : IP Flow Information Exchange (IPFIX) Testing
 
 Author(s) : C. Schmoll, P. Aitken
 Filename : draft-schmoll-ipfix-testing-00.txt
 Pages  : 17
 Date  : 2006-2-15
 
This document presents a list of tests which implementers of IP Flow
Information Export (IPFIX) compliant systems are encouraged to
perform on their IPFIX system.  This document has been created to
help implementers test the functionality of their IPFIX exporter
and/or collector component.  The goal of these tests is to ensure
that all important functions are covered by tests and thereby to gain
a level of confidence in the system which allows the implementer to
perform interoperabilty or plug tests with other IPFIX systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmoll-ipfix-testing-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmoll-ipfix-testing-00.txt>

alternateively on ftp:
ftp://ftp.nordu.net/internet-drafts/draft-schmoll-ipfix-testing-00.txt

Feedback and comments for improving the draft are highly appreciated!

If you like to perform these tests (or a substantial subset) on
real software (i.e. your IPFIX implementation) then you might
want to take the chance to attend the
 IPFIX Interoperability Event, 
March 1-2, 2006 in Salzburg/Austria.
http://www.ips2006.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemi
d=14

I see this draft as an accompanying document to the guidelines draft,
therefore I am also looking forward to your opinion about including 
them together in the agenda of the upcoming USEIPFIX WG.
 
Kind regards,
Carsten.

--
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory
theory and practice are the same but in practice they are not."

</>Dipl.Ing. Carsten Schmoll           Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS
[email-masked]         National Research Institute
Fraunhofer FOKUS / dept. ANTS       for Open Communication Systems
Tel: +49-30-3463-7136               Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31
Fax: +49-30-3463-8000               D-10589 Berlin, Germany