Subject: [ipfix] flow rules

From: farzaneh fatemipoor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 21:37:24 -0700 (PDT)

hello,
  I want to know how to store the flow rules.
  I mean the format of storage and update and rule matching.
  does ipfix have a specification for this aspect? where should i find it?

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 00:54:34 +0200

Hi Farzaneh,

> does ipfix have a specification for this aspect? where should i find it?

We do not have an agreed storage format.  However, discussion on
this issue has started.  You might want to have a look at
draft-trammell-ipfix-file-00.txt.

Still, there is no consensus yet on whether or not we need a
standardized IPFIX storage format.

Thanks,

    Juergen

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 00:37:03 +0200

Benoit,

--On 27.04.2006 23:56 Uhr +0200 Benoit Claise wrote:
>
> Juergen,
>
>>
>>  - INFO-AD#2: Does IE #42 exportedFlowTotalCount
>>    report the number of flows or the number of flow records?
> = the number of flow records that have been exported.
> Example: for a long lived flow (longer than the active timeout value), we have multiple flow records

I suggest keeping the description as it is.  It is already correct:
  "Description:
      The total number of Flow Records that the Exporting Process
      successfully sent as Data Records since the Exporting Process
      (re-)initialization to the Collecting Process receiving a report
      that contains this Information Element.  The reported number
      excludes flow records in the message that carries the counter
      value."

But we should change the IE name to exportedFlowRecordTotalCount.

Thanks,

    Juergen

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:39:57 +0200

> But we should change the IE name to exportedFlowRecordTotalCount.
That clarifies, yes.

Regards, Benoit.