Subject: Re: good cxredit

From: "Chelsey Dubin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 13:57:59 -0700

our www site <http://geocities.com/EuterfaldhoneyStone/> 

 
portion of the treasure unto Bard, as the dragon-slayer, and as the heir
of Girion. From that portion Bard will himself contribute to the aid of
Esgaroth; but if Thorin would have the friendship and honour of the
lands about, as his sires had of old, then he will give also somewhat of
his own for the comfort of the men of the Lake. Then Thorin seized a
bow of horn and shot an arrow at the speaker. It smote into his shield
and stuck there quivering.
Since such is your answer, he called in return, I declare the
Mountain besieged. You shall not depart from it, until you call on your
side for a truce and a parley. We will bear no weapons against you, but
we leave you to your gold. You may eat that, if you will!
With that the messengers departed swiftly, and the dwarves were left
to consider their case. So grim had Thorin become, that even if they had
wished, the others would not have dared to find fault with him; but
indeed most of them seemed to share his mind-except perhaps old fat
Bombur and Fili and Kili. Bilbo, of course, disapproved of the whole

---

From: "Avelina Varley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 02:47:47 -0700

our www site <http://geocities.com/TafitRyderrdiso/> 

 
wings that dwelt on the borders of the Desolation of the Dragon. The air
was filled with circling flocks, and their swift-flying messengers flew
here and there across the sky. Above the borders of the Forest there was
whistling, crying and piping. Far over Mirkwood tidings spread: Smaug
is dead! Leaves rustled and startled ears were lifted. Even before the
Elvenking rode forth the news had passed west right to the pinewoods of
the Misty Mountains; Beorn had heard it in his wooden house, and the
goblins were at council in their caves.
That will be the last we shall hear of Thorin Oakenshield, I fear,
said the king. He would have done better to have remained my guest. It
is an ill wind, all the same, he added, that blows no one any good.
For he too had not forgotten the legend of the wealth of Thror. So it
was that Bards messengers found him now marching with many spearmen and
bowmen; and crows were gathered thick, above him, for they thought that
war was awakening again, such as had not been in those parts for a long
age. But the king, when he received the prayers of Bard, had pity, for