Subject: [ipfix] IPFIX AS /IPPM

From: "STEPHAN Emile RD-CORE-LAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:39:53 +0200

Hi,

I reread IPFIX AS regarding IPPM aspects.

I think that it (section 2.5) may refer to the RFCs which define the
IPPM metrics presented.

As IPFIX (section 2.7) can also be used to transfer metrics result I
consider that the Applicability Statement has to propose to transfer the
result conjointly with its corresponding metric identifier in the IANA
IPPM registry
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/ianaippmmetricsregistry-mib). 

Note that the draft
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ippm/draft-ietf-ippm-multimetrics/ includes
pure passive metrics. So there will be metric identifiers for passive
metrics in the IANA IPPM metrics registry.

Regards
Emile

--
Help        mailto:[email-masked] and say "help" in message body
Unsubscribe mailto:[email-masked] and say
"unsubscribe ipfix" in message body
Archive     http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/archive/