Subject: [ipfix] [I-D ACTION:draft-trammell-ipfix-file-01.txt]

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:50:52 -0400

All,

A new revision of our IPFIX file draft has been submitted and is  
available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-trammell-ipfix-file-01.txt

This is a complete rewrite from the July 2005 -00 revision; -01  
focuses on the requirements for an IPFIX-based file format, while  
future revisions will address the mechanisms by which those  
requirements will be met.

Comments are, of course, appreciated.

Regards,

Brian

 From I-D Action:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts  
directories.

	Title		: An IPFIX-Based File Format
	Author(s)	: B. Trammell, et al.
	Filename	: draft-trammell-ipfix-file-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-6-26
	
This document describes a file format for the storage of flow data
    based upon the IPFIX message format.  It proposes a set of
    requirements for flat-file, binary flow data file formats, evaluates
    flow storage systems presently in use for their conformance to these
    requirements, then applies the IPFIX message format to these
    requirements to build a new file format.  This IPFIX file format is
    designed especially to be useful to the implementors of IPFIX
    Collecting Processes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-trammell-ipfix-file-01.txt