Subject: [IPFIX] IPFIX Mediators draft

From: kobayashi atsushi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:51:40 +0900

Dear all,

I have submitted IPFIX Mediators draft reviced version(-01).

Title		: IPFIX Mediators
Author(s)	: A. Kobayashi, et al.
Filename	: draft-kobayashi-ipfix-mediator-01.txt

IPFIX Mediators is general word that include in IPFIX concentrators and
IPFIX proxies. The goal of this draft is to clarify the function of
IPFIX Mediators.

Especially, we want to solve the issue of cascade connection of IPFIX
Mediators. For example, in following condition, we need to think more how
to inform the Collector about Router's information through two Mediators.
If the Collector get "exporterIPv4Address" element from Meidator#2, the
Collector cannot recognize this element indicates Mediator#1 or Router.

       Session#a            Session#b            Session#c
Router --------> Mediator#1 --------> Mediator#2 -------->Collector
IP:1.1.1.1       IP:2.2.2.2           IP:3.3.3.3
Port:10          Port:20              Port:30
ODID:10

This draft proposes the Route Option Template to solve this issue.

Comment is welcome!

Thanks,
Atsushi KOBAYASHI

--- 
Atsushi KOBAYASHI  <[email-masked]>
NTT Information Sharing Platform Lab.
tel:+81-(0)422-59-3978 fax:+81-(0)422-59-5637

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix