Subject: [IPFIX] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-trammell-ipfix-file-02.txt

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:04:19 -0400

Greetings, all,

A new revision of the file draft presented at IETF 65 in Dallas and  
IETF 66 in Montreal is now available. This revision of the draft  
continues the development of a file format based on IPFIX as we  
outlined in our presentation in Montreal: we have expanded on the  
requirements identified in collaboration with operational users of a  
variety of large-scale flow storage systems, and started the process  
of addressing those requirements using the IPFIX Message format  
without changes to the protocol in keeping with the restrictions of  
the present charter.

This revision of the draft does not yet present a complete  
specification of the file format; it is intended to continue the  
discussion on the community's need for a standard flow storage format  
and the requirements we've identified.

Regards,

Brian

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories.
>
>
> 	Title		: An IPFIX-Based File Format
> 	Author(s)	: B. Trammell, et al.
> 	Filename	: draft-trammell-ipfix-file-02.txt
> 	Pages		: 24
> 	Date		: 2006-10-22
> 	
> This document describes a file format for the storage of flow data
>    based upon the IPFIX message format.  It proposes a set of
>    requirements for flat-file, binary flow data file formats,  
> evaluates
>    flow storage systems presently in use for their conformance to  
> these
>    requirements, then applies the IPFIX message format to these
>    requirements to build a new file format.  This IPFIX-based file
>    format is designed to facilitate interoperability and reusability
>    among a wide variety of flow storage, processing, and analysis  
> tools.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-trammell-ipfix-file-02.txt
>

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:04:19 -0400

Greetings, all,

Regards,

Brian