Subject: [IPFIX] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipfix-info-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:50:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Information Model for IP Flow Information Export
	Author(s)	: J. Quittek, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipfix-info-15.txt
	Pages		: 170
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
This memo defines an information model for the IP Flow Information
   eXport (IPFIX) protocol.  It is used by the IPFIX protocol for
   encoding measured traffic information and information related to the
   traffic Observation Point, the traffic Metering Process and the
   Exporting Process.  Although developed for the IPFIX protocol, the
   model is defined in an open way that easily allows using it in other
   protocols, interfaces, and applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-info-15.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ipfix-info-15.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-info-15.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: Hitoshi Irino <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:58:30 +0900

Dear Jurgen and all,

I have questions about some IEs in ipfix-info-15.

5.7.1.  ipPayloadLength
Why group number of ipPayloadLength is changed from "4: IP Header Fields
"to "7: Derived Packet Properties"?

5.5.11.  tcpWindowScale
   Description:
      The scale of the window field in the TCP header.
   Abstract Data Type: unsigned16
Why is Data Type unsigned16?
If The scale of the window field means "shift.cnt" in rfc1323, unsinged8
is sufficient, I think. ("the shift count must be limited to 14" is
described in RFC1323.)

5.4.21.  flowLabelIPv6
   Description:
      The value of the IPv6 Flow Label field in the IP packet header.
   Abstract Data Type: unsigned32
mplsTopLabelStackSection and mplsLabelStackSection* are added the
description "The size of this Information Element is 3 octets."
specifically.
Why are not flowLabelIPv6 added this description?
(IPv6 flow label is 20 bit)

And, it is just my opinion, ElementId should not be skipped between 224
and 237, ElementId should be gave sequentially for current status IEs, I
think.
(I understand 225 - 236 are used for under discussion IEs.)

regards
Hitoshi Irino

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

-- 
Hitoshi Irino
NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories
9-11 Midori-cho 3-Chome, Musashino-shi, Tokyo 180-8585 Japan
Tel: +81-422-59-4403  Fax: +81-422-59-4549

---

From: Hitoshi Irino <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:58:30 +0900

Dear Jurgen and all,

5.7.1.  ipPayloadLength

5.5.11.  tcpWindowScale
   Description:

5.4.21.  flowLabelIPv6
   Description:

regards
Hitoshi Irino