Subject: [IPFIX] IPFIX: Relationship between RTP/RTCP fields and IPFIX export elements

From: "Enzo Cerrone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 10:23:49 +0100

Hello all,

I have some questions to the equivalence of several RTP Header field
information and IPFIX_elements.

My objective is to measure QoS parameters for video and voice
streaming on IPv6 networks and to you use the IPFIX manner to export
the flow measurements. (with the libipfix)

The utilisation of the timestamp parameters in the RTP protocol [SR
timestamp; SR = Sender request], and the field "Delay Since last SR"
are also the calculation of the interarrival jitter, the number of
packet loss etc. are very useful fields in this protocol.

The measurement tool Ethereal is doing this work. It calculate the
jitter with the algorithm which is present in the RFC3550 RTP. But my
aim is to use the IPFIX export method, could you please tell me if the
timestamp champ or other IPFIX_element are similar to the champ used
in the RTP. I use the libipfix for collect flow measurements and
export IPFIX_elements.

I want to know if it's possible to export IPFIX_elements to calculate
with an other application the jitter.
Or if its perhaps possible to make a standard for a IPFIX_elements
with transfers the RTP header information in the IPFIX_elements?

Thank 's for your answers.

Enzo Cerrone

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix