Subject: [IPFIX] Biflow draft PEN assignment

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:58:24 +0100

All,

Per a comment during yesterday's biflow draft presentation, requesting a
 private enterprise number for the reverse direction that has some
significance for us as a WG (as our own test implementation's
provisional reverse PEN of 100004739): we've inquired directly with IANA
about this today, and the answer is no.

As I'd said we suspected during the WG meeting, doing so would require a
change to IANA's process for assigning private enterprise numbers (and
indeed to the code they use for automating that process), so we'll get a
reverse private enterprise number in order, when the draft is officially
reviewed by IANA.

Regards,

Brian

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix