Subject: [IPFIX] IPFIX MIB: read-write choice

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:02:45 +0100

Dear all,

During our IPFIX meeting, we discussed IPFIX MIB read-write choice.
My action item was to sent it one last time to the mailing list.
The meeting minute from the IETF 67 meeting were:

    "Juergen: Summary of the discussion. We will have the option for RO
    implementations. Reporting would optionally be RW. Templates will
    probably be RO. Methods: unclear, to be discussed on the list."

The read-write choice that the MIB authors made for the current draft are:
    Transport Session (Group) Table -> Read only, because SCTP/TCP MIB 
variables are not writable
    Observation Domain Table -> Read only
    Template Table -> Read only
    Template Definition Table -> Read only
    Selector Table -> Read only

There is only remaining open issue, discussed during the IPFIX meeting.
Should the template definition table be read-only, or read-write with a 
conformance statement of "read-only"?
Emile Stephan expressed that the read-write is a nice-to-have.
I would like to know whether other people support this read-write.  Or 
shall we leave the template definition table as read-only?

My personal view is that, since that would be the only read-write table, 
I'm not convinced it makes sense.

Regards, Benoit.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix