Subject: [IPFIX] announcing draft-trammell-ipfix-file-03

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:10:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: An IPFIX-Based File Format
	Author(s)	: B. Trammell, et al.
	Filename	: draft-trammell-ipfix-file-03.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2007-3-5
	
This document describes a file format for the storage of flow data
   based upon the IPFIX message format.  It proposes a set of
   requirements for flat-file, binary flow data file formats, evaluates
   flow storage systems presently in use for their conformance to these
   requirements, then applies the IPFIX message format to these
   requirements to build a new file format.  This IPFIX-based file
   format is designed to facilitate interoperability and reusability
   among a wide variety of flow storage, processing, and analysis tools.

This revision includes a complete proposed specification for semantic
typing of vendor-specific information elements in sections 6.1 and 6.2,
clarification of file reader and file writer requirements, a few new
identified open issues, and general language improvement.

Regards,

Brian

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix