Subject: [IPFIX] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-trammell-ipfix-sctp-change-00.txt]

From: "Boschi, Elisa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 08:54:30 +0100

Dear all,

find below the proposed errata Brian mentioned in his past email. We agree that the current specification on the usage of SCTP streams for IPFIX is not efficient, and the restriction of sending templates on stream zero unnecessary. We propose to update the protocol specification by simply relaxing those constraints via this errata and believe that this is a fast and effective way to solve the problem.  

We'd appreciate comments on both the idea of solving the stream selection problem this way, and on the specifics of how it is addressed in this draft...

Thanks,
Elisa

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-trammell-ipfix-sctp-change-00.txt
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:50:02 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) SCTP Stream Restriction Change
	Author(s)	: B. Trammell, E. Boschi
	Filename	: draft-trammell-ipfix-sctp-change-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2007-5-25
	
   The IPFIX protocol mandates the use of PR-SCTP as transport protocol.
   The document specifies the transmission of Templates over SCTP stream
   zero with reliable delivery and the transmission of Data Records over
   separate streams.  This constraint is unnecessary.  This document
   relaxes all restrictions on the use of SCTP streams within IPFIX,
   allowing IPFIX implementations to use SCTP streams as most
   appropriate for their respective applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-trammell-ipfix-sctp-change-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-trammell-ipfix-sctp-change-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-trammell-ipfix-sctp-change-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix