Subject: [IPFIX] FW: Document Action: 'Reducing Redundancy in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) and Packet Sampling (PSAMP) Reports' to Informational RFC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:21:28 +0200

Thanks and congratulations to the editors and to the whole Working Group
for the approval of this document. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 11:37 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; ipfix chair; ipfix mailing list; RFC
Editor
Subject: Document Action: 'Reducing Redundancy in IP Flow Information
Export (IPFIX) and Packet Sampling (PSAMP) Reports' to Informational RFC

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Reducing Redundancy in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) and Packet 
   Sampling (PSAMP) Reports '
   <draft-ietf-ipfix-reducing-redundancy-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-reducing-redundancy
-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document describes a bandwidth saving method for exporting flow or
packet information using the IP Flow Information Export
(IPFIX) protocol.  As the PSAMP protocol is based on IPFIX, these
considerations are valid for PSAMP exports as well.
This method works by separating information common to several flow
records from information specific to an individual flow record.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The WG discussed various ways to reduce redundancy in IPFIX records, and
has reached consensus on this document.  This document does not require
any changes to the IPFIX Protocol or Information Model. 

Protocol Quality
 
This document has been reviewed by by the IPFIX and PSAMP Working Group
Chairs. Although it is an informational document the WG chairs required
for an IETF Last Call to be conducted, in order to make sure that the
content of the document refelcts the IETF community consensus. The
document was reviewed for the IESG by Dan Romascanu. 

Note to RFC Editor
 
 RFC Editor, please make the following editorial changes:

Section 6., page 16:

OLD:

   this SCTP assocation, it MUST reset the SCTP association, discard the

NEW: 

   this SCTP association, it MUST reset the SCTP association, discard
the

Appendix A2, page 30: 

OLD:

   sourceTransportPort=2, destionationTransportPort=2,

NEW: 

   sourceTransportPort=2, destinationTransportPort=2,

and also:

OLD: 

destionationTransportPort=2, commonPropertiesID=4).  For a Flow of

NEW: 

destinationTransportPort=2, commonPropertiesID=4).  For a Flow of

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:21:28 +0200

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 11:37 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; ipfix chair; ipfix mailing list; RFC
Editor

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Protocol Quality

Note to RFC Editor

Section 6., page 16:

OLD:

NEW: 

Appendix A2, page 30: 

OLD:

NEW: 

and also:

OLD: 

NEW: