Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: [IPFIX] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-ipfix-testing-02]]

From: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:21:09 +0000

IPFIX-TESTING feedback from Ronnie Lampert:

-------- Original Message --------
From:    Ronny T. Lampert <[email-masked]>
To:      Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [IPFIX] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-ipfix-testing-02]
Date:    Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:03:59 +0100

Hi,

1) I would seriously cut down on the "1. Introduction".
You don't have to mention what IPFIX is about and why it was created
(and mention UDP, TCP or even SCTP) and so on. Just link to the
relevant RFCs.

2) Sec 3.1.1.
"The transmitted data might be observed on-line with an appropriate
tool such as Wireshark (www.wireshark.org)."

Please write the words "network sniffer" oder "packet sniffer" or
something else there, so everybody knows what you are trying to say.

3) Sec 3.2.1.

"The tester MUST create a Template with a few fixed-size Information
Elements..."

and later

" MUST use various Information Elements in the Template so that each
data type...is used at least once"

How about make that simply:

"The tester MUST create Templates with fixed-size IEs where each data
type defined in ... is used at least once."

4) 3.5.1.  Large number of Records for one Template

"The tester MUST export many Data Records to the Collecting Process"

how about add: "in order to put the Collecting Process under stress"
or somesuch to make clear why this test is to be performed?

5) 3.6.5.

Illegal use of reduced size encoding/ <- I think this "/" is superfluous.

That's about it.
Cheers!
Ronny

-- 
Paul Aitken
Cisco Systems Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix