Subject: [IPFIX] Re: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ipfix-testing-02

From: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:59:43 +0100

As you'll have seen, I just posted IPFIX-TESTING-02.

Carsten, Benoit and I now believe the draft is complete.

It's available here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-testing-02.txt

FYI, The -01 to -02 changes were as follows:

Overview:

       1. Remove stream zero restrictions
       2. Padding changes:
           * wrong padding isn't invalid
           * collector won't shut down the association
       3. Last call updates
       4. TCP and template ID re-use

1. Ensured the draft is in line with the "stream zero" design.

2. Removed the second half of section 3.2.3 which deals with closing 
down the connection when non-zero set padding is received. NB section 
3.2.4 deals with Record Padding (ie, paddingOctets) with no mention of 
invalid values.

3a. Changed "The Scope Field Count MAY NOT be zero" to "MUST NOT".

3b. Changed text in the "Metering Process Statistics Option Template" 
section from "If several Metering Processes use the same Exporting 
Process" to "If several Metering Processes are available on the Exporter 
Observation Domain" in line with section 4.1 of IPFIX-PROTO.

3c. Added Benoit's name as co-author (previously accidentally omitted).

4. TCP and template ID re-use

    Changed the text in section 3.6.8.1.2. "Using TCP transport"
    (under "Re-using Template IDs / Re-using the same Template ID
    inside the Template expiry time"), from:

       The tester MUST cause the same Template to
       be exported to the same Collecting Process
       again, and MUST ensure that the Collecting
       Process accepts the Template.

   to

       The tester MUST cause the same Template to
       be exported to the same Collecting Process
       again, and MUST ensure that the Collecting
       Process resets the TCP connection and
       discards the IPFIX Message.

   (Per section 10.4.3 "Collecting Process" of IPFIX-PROTO 25).

   Also added a missing paragraph here, copying from the SCTP section:

       The tester MUST create and export another
       IPFIX Template to a Collecting Process over
       TCP transport.

Cheers.
-- 
Paul Aitken
Cisco Systems Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix

---

From: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:59:43 +0100

It's available here:

Overview:

   to

Cheers.

---

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:49:25 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ipfix-testing-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Paul Aitken and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-ipfix-testing
Revision:	 02
Title:		 IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX) Testing
Creation_date:	 2007-10-17
WG ID:		 ipfix
Number_of_pages: 39

Abstract:
This document presents a list of tests that implementers of IP Flow
Information Export (IPFIX) compliant Exporting Processes and
Collecting Processes should perform on their IPFIX Exporting Process
and/or Collecting Process.  This document has been created to help
implementers test the functionality of their IPFIX Exporting Process
and/or Collecting Process.  The goal of these tests is to ensure that
all important functions are covered by tests and thereby to gain a
level of confidence in the Exporting Process and Collecting Process
that allows the implementer to perform interoperability or plug tests
with other IPFIX Exporting Processes and Collecting Processes.Conventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

The IETF Secretariat.