Subject: [IPFIX] IPFIX and PSAMP status

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:44:52 +0100

Dear all,

I made this little summary for myself, to understand what the next 
bottleneck(s) is/are in IPFIX and as a consequence in PSAMP
Then I thought about sharing this info, as it might be useful for others 
as well...

_IPFIX_
Drafts in the RFC-editor queue:
                                                                    
_STATE_                                                          
_DEPENDENCIES_
    draft-ietf-ipfix-info                                    AUTH, but I 
replied so will become EDIT      IPFIX-PROTO: in queue
    draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol                             EDIT         
                                                    IPIFX-INFO: in queue
    draft-ietf-ipfix-biflow                                EDIT         
                                                     IPFIX-PROTO, 
IPFIX-INFO: in queue
    draft-ietf-ipfix-architecture                        EDIT            
                                                  IPFIX-PROTO, 
IPFIX-INFO, IPFIX-AS: in queue
    draft-ietf-ipfix-as                                      
MISSREF                                                      IPFIX-INFO, 
IPFIX-PROTO: in queue

Missing PSAMP-INFO
    draft-ietf-ipfix-reducing-redundancy         
MISSREF                                                      
IPFIX-PROTO, IPFIX-INFO: in queue

Missing PSAMP-PROTO

Drafts not yet in the RFC-editor queue:
                                                                    
_STATUS_                                                      
_DEPENDENCIES___
    draft-ietf-ipfix-implementation-guidelines   In last call, version 
posted                             IPFIX-PROTO, IPFIX-INFO: in queue
                                                                    (but 
missed the deadline)
    draft-ietf-ipfix-testing                                In last 
call, new version posted                      IPFIX-PROTO, IPFIX-INFO,
                                                                                                                                        
IPFIX-ARCH, IPFIX-AS: in queue
    draft-ietf-ipfix-mib                                    One more 
version needed before the last call IPFIX-PROTO, IPFIX-INFO: in queue

_PSAMP_
Drafts not yet in the RFC-editor queue:
                                                                    
_STATUS_                                                      __
    draft-ietf-psamp-framework                     IESG review
    draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech                   IESG review
    draft-ietf-psamp-protocol                         IESG review,
                                                                    
Received some feedback from Dan and Suresh Krishnan, addressed already
                                                                    Will 
receive some more feedback from the transport area directors
    draft-ietf-psamp-info                                WG Last call
                                                                    
Juergen: "I will not close the call without knowing of at least
                                                                               
  three solid reviews from non-authors"

In conclusion: the next bottleneck is [PSAMP-INFO].
Some more reviews would be appreciated in order to have the first series 
of IPFIX RFCs

Regards, Benoit.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix