Subject: [IPFIX] Update IPFIX Mediator drafts

From: kobayashi atsushi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:33:06 +0900

Dear all,

I will present about two drafts in next meeting.

One describes problem statement regarding "IPFIX Mediation". In
particular, I and co-authors focus on the problems which might happen in
the large-scale networks. We would like to progress this draft "problem
statement" to complete it as IPFIX work.

"Problems with Flow Collection in Large-Scale Networks"
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kobayashi-ipfix-large-ps-00

And also, I updated "IPFIX Mediators" draft based on valuable comments.
In particular, Paul's comments are greatly appreciated. In next step, I
would like to achieve "Framework for IPFIX Mediation" draft by
extracting the framework part of following table of content.

"Reference Model for IPFIX Mediators"
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kobayashi-ipfix-mediator-model-01

   1.  Introduction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
   2.  Terminology  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  5
   3.  Framework for IPFIX Mediators  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  8
     3.1.  Internal Components Model  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  9
       3.1.1.  Collecting Process . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  9
       3.1.2.  Metering Process . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10
       3.1.3.  Exporting Process  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
       3.1.4.  Storing Process  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
     3.2.  IPFIX Protocol Considerations  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14
       3.2.1.  Export Time Issue  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14
       3.2.2.  Observation Domain ID Management . . . . . . . . . . . 14
       3.2.3.  Template Management  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15
       3.2.4.  Transport Session Management . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15
       3.2.5.  Option Template Management . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15
       3.2.6.  Reporting of Exporter Information  . . . . . . . . . . 16
   4.  Solution Scenarios with IPFIX Mediators  . . . . . . . . . . . 17

Any comments are welcome. 

Best regards,
Atsushi KOBAYASHI
--- 
Atsushi KOBAYASHI  <[email-masked]>
NTT Information Sharing Platform Lab.
tel:+81-(0)422-59-3978 fax:+81-(0)422-59-5637

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix