Subject: [IPFIX] Document Action: 'IPFIX Implementation Guidelines' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:24:03 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPFIX Implementation Guidelines '
   <draft-ietf-ipfix-implementation-guidelines-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-implementation-guidelines-08.txt

Technical Summary
 
  The IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX) protocol defines how IP Flow
  information can be exported from routers, measurement probes or other
  devices.  This document provides guidelines for the implementation
  and use of the IPFIX protocol.  Several sets of guidelines address
  template management, transport-specific issues, implementation of
  exporting and collecting processes and IPFIX implementation on
  middleboxes (such as firewalls, network address translators, tunnel
  endpoints, packet classifiers, etc.).
 
Working Group Summary
 
  This document records experience gained in three IPFIX interopability
  events.  Some of that early experience gave rise to changes in the
  IPFIX protocol, later experience came in testing IPFIX over its
  three transports.  Overall, this document provides in-depth discussion
  about IPFIX.  It will be useful to implementors and to others wanting
  more detail about its implementation. The Working Group has reached   
  consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality
 
  This document addresses implementation and interoperablity issues based

  on implementations of the IPFIX protocol and interoperability events. 
  The document was reviewed by the WG chairs, by Dan Romascanu on behalf 
  of the IESG, by David Black on behalf of the Transport Directorate, and

  by Elwyn Davies on behalf of the Gen-Art team.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix