Subject: [IPFIX] RFC 5101 on Specification of the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol for the Exchange of IP Traffic Flow Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:24:40 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5101

        Title:      Specification of the IP Flow 
                    Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol for the 
                    Exchange of IP Traffic Flow Information 
        Author:     B. Claise, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      63
        Characters: 147196
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-26.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5101.txt

This document specifies the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
protocol that serves for transmitting IP Traffic Flow information over
the network.  In order to transmit IP Traffic Flow information from an
Exporting Process to an information Collecting Process, a common
representation of flow data and a standard means of communicating them
is required.  This document describes how the IPFIX Data and Template
Records are carried over a number of transport protocols from an IPFIX
Exporting Process to an IPFIX Collecting Process.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix