Subject: Re: [IPFIX] Mediator Problem Statement: Review

From: Atsushi Kobayashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:08:48 +0900

Gerhard and all,

I improve the problem statement draft according to following your
suggestion. I added new section "Problem Statement" showing the problems
that network operators have been facing. 

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipfix-mediators-problem-statement-02#section-4

And I added "implementation analysis" in each applicable examples. It
includes several implementation examples other than IPFIX Mediation.

I think the next version meets your suggestion. I would appreciate it if
you put your comments in mail list.

Thanks,
Atsushi Kobayashi

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:28:49 +0100
Gerhard Muenz <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I think it is ok to discuss what is possible without Mediation and to
> show the limits of "state-of-the-art" IPFIX.
> So, you could
> - present a problem,
> - show how the problem could be solved without mediation  (if possible),
> - argue why this solution is not optimal, and
> - present how mediation enables a better solution.

--- 
Atsushi KOBAYASHI  <[email-masked]>
NTT Information Sharing Platform Lab.
tel:+81-(0)422-59-3978 fax:+81-(0)422-59-5637