Subject: [IPFIX] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipfix-mediators-problem-statement-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 03:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPFIX Mediation: Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : A. Kobayashi, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipfix-mediators-problem-statement-03.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2009-04-30

Flow-based measurement is a popular method for various network
monitoring usages.  The sharing of flow-based information for
monitoring applications having different requirements raises some
open issues in terms of measurement system scalability, flow-based
measurement flexibility, and export reliability that IPFIX Mediation
may help resolve.  IPFIX Mediation covers two classes of mediation:
context mediation for traffic data and transport mediation for
transport protocols.  This document describes the IPFIX Mediation
applicability examples, along with some problems that network
administrators have been facing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-mediators-problem-statement-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Atsushi Kobayashi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:45:59 +0900

Hi all,

We finished up new version -03 mediation problem statement draft. 
Although it is later than expected in SF meeting, we authors have
sufficiently discussed its wording, terminologies and technical issues.
All of issues are already solved, then it is ready for WG last call.

Improvements are following:

- Overall wording
- Terminology IPFIX concentrator have modification, correlation function
for Data Record them other than aggregation.
- In section 5, each implementation analysis describes more specific
mediation type(Concentrator, Dstributor, Proxy and Masquerading Proxy).
- In subsection 5.2, as an availability of hierarchical collecting
infrastructure, the variety of treatment on data record was added.
- In subsection 5.3, correlation function is divided by 3 types.
- In subsection 5.7, data retension subsection was improved as general
description.
- Subsection 6.6 "Consideration for Network Topology" is added.
- Subsection 6.7 "Exporting the Function Item" is added.
- Subsection 6.8 "Consideration for Aggregation" is added.

Best Regards,
Atsushi KOBAYASHI

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

--- 
Atsushi KOBAYASHI  <[email-masked]>
NTT Information Sharing Platform Lab.
tel:+81-(0)422-59-3978 fax:+81-(0)422-59-5637