Subject: [IPFIX] FW: RFC 5473 on Reducing Redundancy in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)and Packet Sampling (PSAMP) Reports

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:32:36 +0200

Congratulations to the Editors, Chairs and to the whole Working Group
for the publication of the new IPFIX RFCs. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 2:58 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 5473 on Reducing Redundancy in IP Flow Information Export
(IPFIX)and Packet Sampling (PSAMP) Reports

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5473

        Title:      Reducing Redundancy in IP Flow 
                    Information Export (IPFIX) and Packet Sampling 
                    (PSAMP) Reports 
        Author:     E. Boschi, L. Mark,
                    B. Claise
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 64654
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-reducing-redundancy-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5473.txt

This document describes a bandwidth saving method for exporting Flow or
packet information using the IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX)
protocol.  As the Packet Sampling (PSAMP) protocol is based on IPFIX,
these considerations are valid for PSAMP exports as well.

This method works by separating information common to several Flow
Records from information specific to an individual Flow Record.
Common Flow information is exported only once in a Data Record defined
by an Options Template, while the rest of the specific Flow information
is associated with the common information via a unique identifier.  This
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet
community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce