Subject: [IPFIX] Protocol Action: 'Exporting Type Information for IPFIX Information Elements' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 07:26:59 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Exporting Type Information for IPFIX Information Elements '
   <draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-05.txt

Technical Summary

 This document describes an extension to IPFIX to allow the encoding of
IPFIX Information Model properties within an IPFIX Message stream.
This enables the export of extended type information for enterprise-
specific Information Elements, facilitating interoperability and
reusability among a wide variety of applications and tools.

Working Group Summary

This document started out as a section in the 'IPFIX File' draft;
it was split out because it is useful in other contexts than files
of IPFIX data.  There was considerable mailing-list discussion on
the best ways to do this, it took several months for all the issues
to be resolved.  Discussion ended late in June 08.  The final version
of this draft (July 08) resolved issues raised in discussion.
The WG has reached a clear consensus on this draft.

Document Quality

 This document has been reviwed by Paul Aitken and Gerhard Muenz;
their reviews prompted discussion on the list.  It has also been
reviewed by the WG chairs.  It describes a set of new IPFIX Information
Elements, but does not make any changes to the IPFIX protocol.

Personnel

Nevil Brownlee is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the Responsible
Area Director. Nevil Brownlee is the IANA Expert Reviewer.

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 16:51:03 +0200

This document was approved by the IESG as Proposed Standard. Thanks and
congratulations to the editors, the chairs and the whole Working Group. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of The IESG
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:27 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; ipfix chair; ipfix mailing list; RFC
Editor
Subject: [IPFIX] Protocol Action: 'Exporting Type Information for IPFIX
Information Elements' to Proposed Standard

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-05.t
xt

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

This document started out as a section in the 'IPFIX File' draft; it was
split out because it is useful in other contexts than files of IPFIX
data.  There was considerable mailing-list discussion on the best ways
to do this, it took several months for all the issues to be resolved.
Discussion ended late in June 08.  The final version of this draft (July
08) resolved issues raised in discussion.
The WG has reached a clear consensus on this draft.

Document Quality

 This document has been reviwed by Paul Aitken and Gerhard Muenz; their
reviews prompted discussion on the list.  It has also been reviewed by
the WG chairs.  It describes a set of new IPFIX Information Elements,
but does not make any changes to the IPFIX protocol.

Personnel

Nevil Brownlee is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the
Responsible Area Director. Nevil Brownlee is the IANA Expert Reviewer.

_______________________________________________
IPFIX mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix