Subject: [IPFIX] SIP/RTP extensions to IPFIX: SIPFIX

From: "Saverio Niccolini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:46:06 +0200

Dear all,

we just submitted the draft about SIP/RTP extensions to IPFIX:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huici-ipfix-sipfix-00.txt

The current draft (to make it easier to read) presents the
problem-statement and the standardizing solution all in one
document. If this draft proceeds we will take care of splitting
these two items later on.

The first question for the group is:
is this something you would like to discuss in the context of this WG?

We know from our experience that currently information about 
SIP and RTP sessions is exported in proprietary ways and that 
would be useful to have L7 information in the IPFIX to enable 
better (and application-aware) monitoring solutions at collectors
(or mediators).

Let us know any comments you can have,
Saverio

============================================================
Dr. Saverio Niccolini
Manager, Real-Time Communications Group
NEC Laboratories Europe, Network Research Division     
Kurfuerstenanlage 36, D-69115 Heidelberg
Tel.     +49 (0)6221 4342-118
Fax:     +49 (0)6221 4342-155
e-mail:  [email-masked]
============================================================
NEC Europe Limited Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria
Road, London W3 6BL Registered in England 2832014