Subject: [IPFIX] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ipfix-anon-01

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:44:26 +0100

Greetings, all,

We've posted a -01 revision of the anon draft. Changes from -00 include:

1. Added new sections on reverse truncation anonymisation for address  
information, and corresponding value of the anonymisationTechnique IE.
2. Extended the anonymisationStability IE to provide special-purpose  
modification flags, now renamed anonymisationFlags.
3. Added section on perimeter-based anonymisation, allowing different  
policies for internal and external addresses without requiring  
perimeter biflows (via anonymisationFlags)
4. Added ability to note a value is partially anonymised, with low  
order bits left real to adapt to linear pattern recognition attacks  
due to scan traffic (via anonymisationFlags)
5. Added guidelines on special use address space
6. We have examples now

The document is now structurally complete. Please have a look;  
comments are of course as always welcome.

Best regards,

Brian

Begin forwarded message:

> A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ipfix-anon-01.txt has been  
> successfuly submitted by Brian Trammell and posted to the IETF  
> repository.
>
> Filename:        draft-ietf-ipfix-anon
> Revision:        01
> Title:           IP Flow Anonymisation Support
> Creation_date:   2009-11-19
> WG ID:           ipfix
> Number_of_pages: 37
>
> Abstract:
> This document describes anonymisation techniques for IP flow data and
> the export of anonymised data using the IPFIX protocol.  It provides
> a categorization of common anonymisation schemes and defines the
> parameters needed to describe them.  It provides guidelines for the
> implementation of anonymised data export and storage over IPFIX, and
> describes an Options-based method for anonymisation metadata export
> within the IPFIX protocol, providing the basis for the definition of
> information models for configuring anonymisation techniques within an
> IPFIX Metering or Exporting Process, and for reporting the technique
> in use to an IPFIX Collecting Process.