Subject: [IPFIX] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ipfix-reliability-template-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 04:00:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Reliability Extension for IPFIX
	Author(s)       : S. Gupta
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipfix-reliability-template-ext-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-12-04

IPFIX[RFC3917] mandates the IPFIX device should be reliable.To be
reliable the individual components like the Metering process or the
Exporting process should not fail to meter & export the flow
information to the collector, else indicate its incapability
explicitly.

Currently, IPFIX transmits failure by sending count of packets,flows
it failed to process along with the duration of the failure.

This document outlines some of the limitations an IPFIX device may
have and suggests solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-reliability-template-ext-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Juergen Quittek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:04:11 +0100

Dear all,

This is not an IPFIX WG document as the name and the announcement implies.
By mistake this individual draft was submitted as WG draft and by another
mistake I clicked the wrong link in the web tool and approved it instead
of rejecting it.

I am sorry for this and already asked the IETF secretary to fix this.
I also asked the author to re-submit the draft as an individual one.

Sorry,

    Juergen

On 04.12.09 21:00  "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> IPFIX mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix