Subject: [IPFIX] Protocol Action: 'Information Model for IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 08:20:17 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Information Model for IP Flow Information eXport (IPFIX)'
  (draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis-10.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ronald Bonica and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipfix-information-model-rfc5102bis/

Technical Summary: 

  This document provides an overview of the information model for the IP 
  Flow Information eXport (IPFIX) protocol, as defined in the IANA IPFIX 
  Information Element Registry. It is used by the IPFIX Protocol for 
  encoding measured traffic information and information related to the 
  traffic Observation Point, the traffic Metering Process, and the 
  Exporting Process. Although developed for the IPFIX Protocol, the model 
  is defined in an open way that easily allows using it in other 
  protocols, interfaces, and applications. This document obsoletes RFC 
  5102. 

Working Group Summary: 

  The documents has been significantly changed in content compared to 
  RFC 5202.  The main reason for the change is the existence of an IANA 
  registry for IPFIX information elements. This change was fully aggreed 
  on in WG discussions. 

Document Quality: 

  This is an update of RFC 5102 based on a lot of practica experiences 
  with specifying registering and implementing IPFIX information elements. 
  Changes compared to RFC 5102 result from these experiences. 

Personnel: 

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director? 

  Juergen Quittek is the document shepherd. He has reviewed it personally 
  and believes that this version is ready for forwarding to the IESG 
  for publication.