Subject: [IPFIX] First Draft agenda for IPFIX at IETF 87, Berlin

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 09:31:50 +1200

Hi all:

Here's the first draft of our agenda for Berlin.

Please send any suggestions for changes to it to Nevil;
if you want to present something, particularly if its relevant
to item 4 (Next steps for IPFIX), please let me know as soon
as possible.

Cheers, Nevil

==================================================
IP Flow Information Export WG (ipfix)
Agenda for IETF 87, Berlin  (agenda-00)
Thursday, 1 August 2013, 1000-1130, Schoenberg 1/2
==================================================

 >>> Note that EMAN and IPFIX are sharing this
     2.5 hour meeting time on MOnday morning <<<

Chairs:
Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Nevil Brownlee  <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. Agenda review                                            =  5 min

2. Update from last meeting / WG Status (Nevil)             = 10 min
      Flow Selection Techniques
        In RFC Ed queue since 30 May, MISSREF on 5101bis
      IE Doctors
        In RFC Ed queue since Oct 2012, MISSREF on 5101bis
        Current ie-doctors team is Brian Trammell, Paul Aitken,
          Juergen Quittek and Nevil Brownlee
      5102bis
        In RFC Ed queue since 12 Feb, MISSREF on 5101bis
      5101bis
         draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-rfc5101bis-08, 13 Jun 13
	On agenda for IESG Telechat 11 July 13

3. Current charter work items                               = 10 min
    a) IEs for Data Link Layer Traffic Measurement (Atsushi Kobayashi)
         draft-ipfix-data-link-layer-monitoring-03,  2 Jul 13
         Waiting for feedback from Pat Thaler

    b) Protocol for PFIX Mediation  (Benoit Claise)
         draft-ietf-ipfix-mediation-protocol-05,  27 Jun 13

    c) Exporting MIB objects  (Paul Aitken)
         draft-ipfix-mib-variable-export-02,  25 Feb 13
         No change since last meeting

4. Next steps for IPFIX                                     = 50 min

    a) IPFIXv2 discussion
       In Atlanta, when discussing MIB Variable Export we said ...
       . EFSF is a new direction for IPFIX - it's really IPFIXv2.
       . We need to finish the MIB Variable Export draft as soon as 
possible.
       . Paul will remove it from this draft, making sure the draft
           will still work in IPFIXv2.
      . The WG should adopt this as a work item.  That will require a
          new charter; meanwhile work on it can proceed on the IPFIX list.

    b) What drafts should we consider next for the WG?

5. Other drafts (if time permits)                           =  15 min
    a) IEs for Metering Process Location (Abdelkader Lahmadi),
          30 Jun 13
          draft-festor-ipfix-metering-process-location-00

    a) Framework for Signaling Flow Characteristics between
       Applications and the Network (Toreless Eckert),
          4 Jul 13
          draft-eckert-intarea-flow-metadata-framework-00

6. Any Other Business

Drafts presnted at IETF 86 (Orlando)
    a) Flow Aware Packet Sampling Techniques (Ramki Krishnan)
         draft-krishnan-ipfix-flow-aware-packet-sampling-05.txt
           16 Jun 13

    b) Textual Representation of IPFIX Abstract Data Types
         (Brian Trammell)
         draft-trammell-ipfix-text-adt-00.txt, 5 Nov 12

    c) Private Enterprise Information Elements Registry
       Exchange  (Chris Inacio)
         draft-inacio-ipfix-penie-00.txt,  9 Nov 12

    d) Reporting Equivalent IPFIX Information Elements  (Paul Aitken)
         draft-aitken-ipfix-equivalent-ies-00.txt, 15 Feb 13

Presentation slides will be available at
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=87
   (search for IPFIX in the Operations and Management Area)

Participation via jabber is offered at [email-masked]
and via Meetecho, http://ietf87.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/Web_Client

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                          Computer Science Department
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand