Subject: [IPFIX] How to interpret the scope/options in options template wisely

From: Min Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 15:04:05 -0500

HI

in RFC-7011, it said:

    4 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7011#section-4>. Specific
    Reporting Requirements

The Collecting Process MUST check the possible combinations of
    Information Elements within the Options Template Records to correctly
    interpret the following Options Templates.

Is there any guidance on how to interpret the scope/option fields IE in those options templates.

There are hundreds of IEs, in the real world, how can a reporting engine possibly know/interpret these combinations wisely  without check those IEs manually first?

thanks.

min

-- 
 
------------------------------

SevOne, Inc. reserves the right to monitor the transmission of this message 
and to take corrective action against any misuse or abuse of its e-mail 
system or other components of its network.

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and/or legally 
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  If the reader of this 
message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any 
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or 
copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly 
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in 
error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message. 
 To contact us directly, send to [email-masked].