Subject: [IPFIX] errata lodged against rfc 5655

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 08:17:57 -0700

https://www.rfc-editor.org/verify_errata_select.php?eid=4308

Status: Reported
Type: Editorial

Reported By: Paul Aitken
Date Reported: 2015-03-19
Section A.5 says:

A.5.  Complete File Example

   Bringing together the examples above and adding message headers as
   appropriate, a hex dump of the first 317 bytes of the example File
   constructed above would appear as in the annotated Figure 10 below.
It should say:

A.5.  Complete File Example

   Bringing together the examples above and adding message headers as
   appropriate, a hex dump of the first 285 bytes of the example File
   constructed above would appear as in the annotated Figure 10 below.
Notes:

s/317/285/

Figure 10 shows 18 lines of 16 octets each, less three octets in the
final row.
(18 x 16 - 3) = 285 octets.

This can also be confirmed by the revised numbering in errata 2030 -
though note that the dump is numbered from octet zero:

272: 80 02 00 50 06 00 00 46 50 00 00 00 41

Since the offset of the final octet ("41") is 284, the overall length
must be 285.

what do we think?

thanks
joel