Subject: [IPFIX] errata filed http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5655.txt

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:39:16 -0700

https://www.rfc-editor.org/verify_errata_select.php?eid=4308

what say you?

Status: Reported
Type: Editorial

Reported By: Paul Aitken
Date Reported: 2015-03-19
Section A.5 says:

A.5.  Complete File Example

   Bringing together the examples above and adding message headers as
   appropriate, a hex dump of the first 317 bytes of the example File
   constructed above would appear as in the annotated Figure 10 below.
It should say:

A.5.  Complete File Example

   Bringing together the examples above and adding message headers as
   appropriate, a hex dump of the first 285 bytes of the example File
   constructed above would appear as in the annotated Figure 10 below.
Notes:

s/317/285/

Figure 10 shows 18 lines of 16 octets each, less three octets in the
final row.
(18 x 16 - 3) = 285 octets.

This can also be confirmed by the revised numbering in errata 2030 -
though note that the dump is numbered from octet zero:

272: 80 02 00 50 06 00 00 46 50 00 00 00 41

Since the offset of the final octet ("41") is 284, the overall length
must be 285.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:02:44 +0200

Joel, Dear all,

I discussed this errata with the RFC editor a few weeks ago.
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=2030, which was similar, 
has been updated with s/317/285/
Next, I'll reject this errata below.

Regards, Benoit
> _______________________________________________
> IPFIX mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipfix