Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Semantic Model Working Group reactivation and kick off teleconference

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:10:18 -0500

Hi,

The PWG Semantic Model Working Group has been on hiatus since the
publishing of the Semantic Model and associated Schema.  There is work
from other work groups that needs to be reflected in an update to the
Semantic Model as well as some possible application of the PWG candidate
standard.  

Some of the items that will be taken up are:

    Inclusion of Usage Counters

    Inclusion of Device semantics (i.e. Printer MIB device model
inclusion)

    Inclusion of Web-based Imaging Management Services 

    Extension to MultiFunction Devices

    PWG Semantic Model applicability to Management by Web Services (e.g.
WSDM, WS-Management)

    RDF Schema for PWG Semantic Model vocabulary

    (Let me know if I'm missing something)

Please take the time to listen in to this teleconference to see if the
Semantic Model work might be useful across the industry for management
and service solutions in heterogeneous environments.

The   concall is at 1PM EST on Wednesday, 29 March.

Dial In: 1-866-365-4406 
Toll #: 1-303-248-9655 
Passcode: 2635888# 

Cheers,

- Pete

Peter Zehler 
XEROX 
Xerox Innovation Group 
Email: [email-masked] 
Voice:    (585) 265-8755 
FAX:      (585) 265-7441 
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp. 
        800 Phillips Rd. 
        M/S 128-25E 
Webster NY, 14580-9701