Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Last Call - "Imaging System State and Counter MIB v2.0" specification

From: "William A Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:12:22 -0500

The Imaging Counter MIB v1.0 was approved as a PWG informational document
and released on 23 December 2005. Since then, the MIB has been prototyped,
and the document has been updated and accepted by consensus of the WIMS WG,
thereby fulfilling the PWG requirements for presentation to the PWG prior to
vote for advancement to candidate standard.
  
In accord with the PWG process document,
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/pwg-process20.pdf, the "Imaging System
State and Counter MIB v2.0" specification now being presented for PWG-wide
last call before vote for advancement to Candidate Standard. The period for
last call is now open with the intention of discussing comments at the
February 2008 face-to-face. 

Because the document contains an ANS.1 structured MIB, it is being presented
for review both as a PWG specification and as a MIB, and in MS word, PDF,
and ASN.1 formats. Note that the vote for advancement will be on the PDF
form of the specification. 

The review document set is posted at: 

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123.zip
    - ZIP - this release note and all four files

and in the following individual files:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123.doc
    - MS Word source - with redlines on changed text

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123.pdf
    - PDF of Word - with redlines and line numbers - for review

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123.mib
    - ASN.1 of MIB - compiles without warnings in Epilogue and SMICng

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib20-20080123-mib.pdf
    - PDF of MIB - color-highlighted ASN.1 of MIB

Please send any comments to the [email-masked] list. Please do not respond to
the PWG-ANNOUNCE list. 

Many thanks 

Bill Wagner, Chairman WIMS Working Group