Subject: IPP> Novell preferences on IPP Operations

From: "Ira McDonald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:34:06 -0400

Hi,

Ted - I converted the file you just sent me to PDF and posted both
on the PWG FTP site in the directory:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-docs/

in the files:

  IPP-OPTIONAL-OPS-PRIORITY-NOVELL.pdf
  IPP-OPTIONAL-OPS-PRIORITY-NOVELL.rtf

All - please send ALL your comments DIRECTLY to the IPP WG
list to avoid lost information.  An open standards process and a
reliable mail archive are important.

Cheers,
- Ira

-- 
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: [email-masked]
winter:
 579 Park Place Saline, MI 48176
 734-944-0094
summer:
 PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
 906-494-2434

---

From: Michael R Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:05:55 -0700

> reliable mail archive are important.

If we are going to do the tiered 2.0/2.1/2.2 conformance levels, it
would be useful to see which level Novell is focused on...

BTW, I am unable to open the IPP-OPTIONAL-OPS-PRIORITY.doc file.

-- 
______________________________________________________________________
Michael R Sweet                        Senior Printing System Engineer

---

From: "Ira McDonald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:01:25 -0400

Hi Michael,

Agreed - I suggested that people should vote in that spreadsheet
with "A-2.0", "B-2.2", etc., so we could see what was happening.

Please note that the IPP WG concluded at the recent face-to-face
(see minutes posted today) that there should be THREE specs,
so that prototyping, last call, and so on could proceed more
quickly (since IPP/2.0 as you proposed it is a small increment
over IPP/1.1 base).

I think we should break this spreadsheet into THREE (because
the grouping of IPP operations in existing specs is completely
obscured by the current flat numeric operations list).

Try opening Ted's RTF (it opened fine for me in MS Word 2003)
and just filling in a blank column.

Cheers,
- Ira