Subject: Re: IPP> Novell preferences on IPP Operations

From: "Ted Tronson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:13:33 -0600

I guess I must have had an older version of the document that I filled out.  I didn't see that we were doing a 2.0,2.1,2.2 conformance.  I will take another look and try to make it match up with what you did.  Also, the file we posted was not .doc files - it was a .rtf (rich text format) and pdf.  I'll try to get this new matrix out here quickly.  Thanks.

>>> Michael R Sweet <[email-masked]> 04/28/08 5:11 PM >>>
Ira McDonald wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Ted - I converted the file you just sent me to PDF and posted both
> on the PWG FTP site in the directory:
> 
>   ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-docs/
> 
> in the files:
> 
>   IPP-OPTIONAL-OPS-PRIORITY-NOVELL.pdf
>   IPP-OPTIONAL-OPS-PRIORITY-NOVELL.rtf
> 
> All - please send ALL your comments DIRECTLY to the IPP WG
> list to avoid lost information.  An open standards process and a
> reliable mail archive are important.

If we are going to do the tiered 2.0/2.1/2.2 conformance levels, it
would be useful to see which level Novell is focused on...

BTW, I am unable to open the IPP-OPTIONAL-OPS-PRIORITY.doc file.

-- 
______________________________________________________________________
Michael R Sweet                        Senior Printing System Engineer

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:52:31 -0700

There is no need to provide a 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 conformance.  We have already
agreed on the conformance of the containing specifications.
See:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-docs/ippv2-cups-proposal-2008-02-25.pdf

This effort is attempting to determine which operations within these
docments are to be mandatory.

             "Ted Tronson"                                                 
             <ttronson@novell.                                             
             com>                                                       To 
             Sent by:                  <[email-masked]>,                 
             [email-masked]         <[email-masked]>           
                                                                        cc 
                                       <[email-masked]>                       
             04/28/2008 07:13                                      Subject 
             PM                        Re: IPP> Novell preferences on IPP  
                                       Operations                          

                                                                           

I guess I must have had an older version of the document that I filled out.
I didn't see that we were doing a 2.0,2.1,2.2 conformance.  I will take
another look and try to make it match up with what you did.  Also, the file
we posted was not .doc files - it was a .rtf (rich text format) and pdf.
I'll try to get this new matrix out here quickly.  Thanks.

---

From: Michael R Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:01:05 -0700

> docments are to be mandatory.

and that is likely to depend on the conformance levels.  A network
printer doesn't need to support hold/release job operations, but a
workgroup print server *does*.