Subject: [IPP] 2 templates for vendors to fill out one for Prototype experience with IPP Job and Printer Operations Set2 (JPS2) spec BEFORE f2f

From: "Tom Hastings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:29:57 -0800

I uploaded a two-page Prototyping template for vendors to fill in which
attributes and operations they implemented in the IPP Job and Printer
Operations Set2 (JPS2) spec to a new folder that I created:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/prototyping/JPS2-prototyping-template-from-Int
ro-Tables.doc

We would like to have these templates filled out and posted to the new
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/prototyping/ directory by vendors before the
face to face meeting, Feb 10, so that we can progress the IPP Job and
Printer Operations Set2 (JPS2) spec if there is sufficient prototyping
experiences.

Here are the instructions (also in the file):

Vendor Name:    <to be filled in>

This document is for vendors to indicate their prototyping experience with
the operations and attributes defined in the Draft Standard for Internet
Printing Protocol (IPP): Job and Printer Extensions - Set 2 (JPS2) document
which is in the Call for Prototyping status.  

Instructions: Please indicate the vendor name above.  Please indicate the
vendor name and indicate in the last column of Table 1 and Table 2 (taken
from Section 1 of JPS2) the following:

P - Read the spec and have implemented it (in a prototype or released
product).

R - Read and understood the spec with the intent to implement.

blank - have not implemented

Please also indicate any issues with the specification that need
clarification or change in Table 3.

Since Table 1 and Table 2 do NOT include the values, I also uploaded a
six-page second template from the IANA section:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/prototyping/JPS2-prototyping-template-from-Int
ro-Tables.doc

Here are the instructions  (also in the file):

Vendor Name:    <to be filled in>

This document is for vendors to indicate their prototyping experience with
the operations and attributes defined in the Draft Standard for Internet
Printing Protocol (IPP): Job and Printer Extensions - Set 2 (JPS2) document
which is in the Call for Prototyping status.  

Instructions: Please indicate the vendor name above.  Please indicate in the
last column of Table 1 through Table 7 (taken from Section 12 IANA
Considerations of JPS2) the following:

P - Read the spec and have implemented it (in a prototype or released
product).

R - Read and understood the spec with the intent to implement.

blank - have not implemented

Please also indicate any issues with the specification that need
clarification or change in Table 8.

We need to quickly agree as to which template we want to use.  The first one
is much simpler and only two-pages long.  It lists just the attributes and
operations.  For Job Template attributes it only lists the "xxx", not the
"xxx-default" and "xxx-supported".  If that is sufficient, we should use
just that.

If more detail is desired, such as every attribute and each of the values,
then we should use only the more detailed six-page second template.

Tom

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:28:53 -0500

Hi Tom et al,

My two cents - use the short checklist for Prototype
experience - level of detail is quite sufficient.

Cheers,
- Ira (IPP co-editor)

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: [email-masked]
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 1:29 AM, Tom Hastings <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/prototyping/JPS2-prototyping-template-from-Intro-Tables.doc
>
>
>
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/prototyping/JPS2-prototyping-template-from-Intro-Tables.doc
>
>
>
> operations.  For Job Template attributes it only lists the “xxx”, not the
> “xxx-default” and “xxx-supported”.  If that is sufficient, we should use
> just that.
>
>
>