Subject: [Pwg-Announce] PWG last call - Command Set Format - IEEE1284 Device ID -25 Feb 2010

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:10:34 -0500

This is the formal announcement of PWG Last Call for the PWG Command Set
Format for IEEE 1284 Device ID 1.0 specification, prior to balloting for
advancement to PWG Candidate Standard.  The current draft is at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmp1284cmdset10-20100125.pdf. 

This "Stable" draft has been extensively reviewed and represents consensus
of the WIMS/PMP Working Group. Notice from Dell of implementation, received
in January, satisfies the prototyping requirement. The workgroup has
selected a 30-day last call period, ending on 25 February 2010 and
overlapping the February Plenary.  It is intended that comments relative to
this last call  be addressed during the WIMS/PMP face-to-face meeting  being
held in conjunction with the plenary, although all comments received any
time during the last call period will be addressed after  the last call
period is ended, according to the documented PWG process.

Because the IEEE1284 Device ID is used in many places  and in  more current
contexts than the 1284 interface, this document will have a effect on
virtually all printer products. It is strongly recommended that all parties
making printers or interfacing software review this document.  Note that,
according to the PWG process:

Last Call represents a final opportunity for issues to be raised against a
document. During this period all PWG members are encouraged to review the
final working draft for both technical and editorial content and to provide
comments to the Working Group.

Although acknowledged review by at least 30% of the PWG membership is
necessary, comments are accepted from all interested parties, whether or not
they are PWG members.

Please send comments to the WIMS WG reflector <[email-masked]> and PMP
reflector <[email-masked]>.

Thank you,

Bill Wagner, Chairman WIMS/PMP WG

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce

---

From: "Nagasaka Fumio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:10:48 +0900

Hi Bill,
 
It's been while. I hope you and all your projects are going very well.
This is rather a small point, but
line 111,
http://www.pwg.org/pmp/ is not a right link,
should you put http://www.pwr.org/mib/ instead?
 
--------------------------------------------------------- 
Fumio Nagasaka 
Consumer Products Operations Division, 
SEIKO EPSON Corporation 
TEL +81 263 54 1326 (Direct line), FAX +81 263 52 9276 
--------------------------------------------------------- 

	-----Original Message-----
	From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of William Wagner
	Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:11 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Pwg-Announce] PWG last call - Command Set Format -
IEEE1284 DeviceID -25 Feb 2010

	This is the formal announcement of PWG Last Call for the PWG
Command Set Format for IEEE 1284 Device ID 1.0 specification, prior to
balloting for advancement to PWG Candidate Standard.  The current draft
is at ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmp1284cmdset10-20100125.pdf. 

	This "Stable" draft has been extensively reviewed and represents
consensus of the WIMS/PMP Working Group. Notice from Dell of
implementation, received in January, satisfies the prototyping
requirement. The workgroup has selected a 30-day last call period,
ending on 25 February 2010 and overlapping the February Plenary.  It is
intended that comments relative to this last call  be addressed during
the WIMS/PMP face-to-face meeting  being held in conjunction with the
plenary, although all comments received any time during the last call
period will be addressed after  the last call period is ended, according
to the documented PWG process.

	Because the IEEE1284 Device ID is used in many places  and in
more current contexts than the 1284 interface, this document will have a
effect on virtually all printer products. It is strongly recommended
that all parties making printers or interfacing software review this
document.  Note that, according to the PWG process:

	Last Call represents a final opportunity for issues to be raised
against a document. During this period all PWG members are encouraged to
review the final working draft for both technical and editorial content
and to provide comments to the Working Group.

	Although acknowledged review by at least 30% of the PWG
membership is necessary, comments are accepted from all interested
parties, whether or not they are PWG members.

	Please send comments to the WIMS WG reflector <[email-masked]> and
PMP reflector <[email-masked]>.

	Thank you,

	-- 
	This message has been scanned for viruses and 
	dangerous content by MailScanner <http://www.mailscanner.info/>
, and is 
	believed to be clean.

---

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:18:02 -0500

Hi Fumio,

Good to hear from you. Your observation is valid. There is no PMP web page
and I suggest that:

1.     Lines 110 and 111 be blank

2.     The link in Line 116 be changed to
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pmp

Many thanks for your help.

From: Nagasaka Fumio [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 7:11 PM
To: William Wagner; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Pwg-Announce] PWG last call - Command Set Format - IEEE1284
DeviceID -25 Feb 2010

Hi Bill,

line 111,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of William Wagner
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pwg-Announce] PWG last call - Command Set Format - IEEE1284
DeviceID -25 Feb 2010

Thank you,

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and 
dangerous content by  <http://www.mailscanner.info/> MailScanner, and is 
believed to be clean.