Subject: [Pwg-Announce] An Internet Multifunction Device Protocol

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 04:06:29 -0800

All,

Below is a link to a white paper on the goals of the MFD Working group
and its applicability to an evolution of IPP to a protocol that
encompasses all the user facing services offered on multifunction
devices.  I believe that such a protocol would be of interest to the
upcoming IPP Everywhere BOF.   Also discussed are a Web Services binding
and the integration of MFDs into workflow systems as on and off ramps
for documents.

The paper is available at
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/white/GoalForTheMFDModelingEffort20100114
.pdf>. 

Comments are welcome.  Please send comments directly to
<mailto:[email-masked]>  and/or <mailto:[email-masked]>. 

Cheers,

Pete

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce