Subject: [IPP] Initial Draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition (26 January 2010)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:01:53 -0500

Hi,

I've just posted an Initial draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition at:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100126.pdf / doc
  - clean copy with line numbers

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100126-rev.pdf / doc
  - redlines from IPP/2.0 First Edition with line numbers

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (IPP co-editor)

----------------------------------------------------
Changes made to create 26 January 2010 version (Initial Draft)

Editorial – Changed status from Candidate Standard to Initial Draft

Editorial – Added back all required sections and tables for IPP/2.2
conformance level from 18 November 2008 draft of IPP/2.0 First
Edition, per IPP WG discussion

Editorial – Added several ISSUE comments for IPP/2.0 versus IPP/2.1
versus IPP/2.2 requirements

Technical – Revised all tables in section 5 to mark Restart-Job, Purge-Jobs,
and Delete-Document as OPTIONAL and DEPRECATED because they
destroy accounting information, per IPP WG discussion

Technical – Revised Table 3 in section 5.3 (IPP/2.1) and Table 4 in section
5.4 (IPP/2.2) to mark Activate-Printer and Deactivate-Printer as OPTIONAL
since they are redundant compound operations and are not widely
implemented, per IPP WG discussion

Technical – Revised Table 4 in section 5.4 (IPP/2.2) to add Cancel-Jobs,
Cancel-My-Jobs, and Resubmit-Job (from IPP JPS2) as REQUIRED,
per IPP WG discussion

Technical – Revised Table 6 in section 6.2 (IPP/2.0) to add
“output-bin-default”
and “output-bin-supported” as REQUIRED (missing in First Edition),
per Michael Sweet

Technical – Revised Table 7 in section 6.3 (IPP/2.1) to add “printer-device-id”
as REQUIRED, per IPP WG discussion

Technical – Revised Table 8 in section 6.4 (IPP/2.2) to add IPP JPS2
REQUIRED attributes, per IPP WG discussion

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp