Subject: [Pwg-Announce] Need a PWG Chair Replacement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 15:59:41 -0500

Dear All,

To our deepest regrets, the current 2009-2010 PWG Chair, Lee Farrell, had 
notified us his sudden departure from Canon, on January 29, last Friday. 

Lee had served PWG in many important roles in the past 15 years with great 
support and care to all of us. On behalf of PWG officers and members, we 
would like to pay our deepest appreciation and respect for his services. 
We wish Lee the best in his future advantures.

As the acting PWG Chair, I am calling for your nomination or volunteer for 
the vacated PWG Chair position. The 2-year term of this position started 
September 1, 2009 and will terminate on August 31, 2011. Responsibilities 
of the PWG Chair include creating Working Groups, appointing Working Group 
Chairs, assuring that Working Groups maintain adequate leadership, making 
local arrangements for PWG meetings (this may be delegated as 
appropriate), setting the high level PWG agenda, chairing the PWG plenary 
session, ensuring that the PWG web and FTP site are maintained, and 
assisting Working Group Chairs to accomplish their tasks. The PWG Chair 
must be a representative of a PWG Member Organization. The PWG Chair is an 
ex officio member of all Working Groups. An active member who has the 
voting right in PWG can serve as a PWG Officer.

If you would like to nominate or volunteer somebody or yourself, please 
email to me at [email-masked]. The PWG Steering Committee has 
limited this open nomination period for two weeks only. Please submit your 
nomination by the end of February 18.

We appreciate your continued support for a great IEEE-ISTO standard 
development program such as PWG.

-Nancy
PWG Vice-Chair
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nancy Chen
Principal Engineer
Solutions and Technology
Oki Data
2000 Bishops Gate Blvd.
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Phone: (856)222-7006
Email: [email-masked]
-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 22:38:31 -0500

Dear All,

PWG is pleased to announce that currently we have received a nominee - Mr. 
Mike Sweet from Apple for the PWG Chair position.

The nomination period for this position will end on February 18.  Please 
make sure you nominate or volunteer your candidate or yourself by this 
deadline. 

After the deadline the PWG will allow one week for voting members to 
object, if only one nominee is received.  If there are more than one 
nominee received, the PWG will elect one by the formal PWG Steering 
Committee voting process.

Thanks you for your attention to this matter.

-Nancy
PWG Vice-Chair

[email-masked] 
Sent by: [email-masked]
02/04/2010 03:59 PM

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
[Pwg-Announce] Need a PWG Chair Replacement

Dear All,

-Nancy
PWG Vice-Chair

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 03:50:53 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks for the announcement Nancy. Just to avoid any possible confusion, I beleive that, if there is more than one nominee, the PWG will elect  the Chair by a balloting of all PWG voting members in good standing. 

Bill Wagner 

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Nancy Chen" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2010 10:38:31 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern 
Subject: Re: [Pwg-Announce] Need a PWG Chair Replacement =>HAVE A NOMINEE FROM APPLE 

Dear All, 

PWG is pleased to announce that currently we have received a nominee - Mr. Mike Sweet from Apple for the PWG Chair position. 

The nomination period for this position will end on February 18.  Please make sure you nominate or volunteer your candidate or yourself by this deadline. 

After the deadline the PWG will allow one week for voting members to object, if only one nominee is received.  If there are more than one nominee received, the PWG will elect one by the formal PWG Steering Committee voting process. 

-Nancy 
PWG Vice-Chair 

[email-masked] 

02/04/2010 03:59 PM 	
To 	[email-masked] 

cc 	

Subject 	[Pwg-Announce] Need a PWG Chair Replacement 

Dear All, 

-Nancy 
PWG Vice-Chair 

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and 
dangerous content by MailScanner , and is 
believed to be clean. 
_______________________________________________ pwg-announce mailing list [email-masked] https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce
-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.