Subject: [IPP] Interim Draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition (26 February 2010)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:45:50 -0500

Hi,

I've just posted an Interim draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition at:

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100226.pdf / doc
 - clean copy with line numbers

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100226-rev.pdf / doc
 - redlines from IPP/2.0 First Edition with line numbers

With many thanks to Gail Giansiracusa (Kyocera) who read the
First Edition and then the January draft of Second Edition very
closely and found a bunch of editorial mistakes.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (IPP co-editor)

----------------------------------------------------
Changes made to create 26 February 2010 version (Interim Draft)

Editorial – Changed status to Interim Draft
Editorial – Global – Corrected section titles and body text so that
“IPP Version 2.0” refers ONLY to this whole specification and “IPP/2.0”,
“IPP/2.1”, and “IPP/2.2” refer to given conformance levels

Editorial – Deleted redundant “The Printer Working Group” from cover
page, per Bill Wagner

Technical – Added section 3.3 Design Requirements for IPP Version 2.0,
per PWG best practice

Technical – Revised sections 4.3 (IPP/2.0), 4.4 (IPP/2.1), 6.2 (IPP/2.0), and
6.3 (IPP/2.1) to make “printer-device-id” STRONGLY RECOMMENDED,
per IPP WG discussion

Technical – Revised sections 4.5 (IPP/2.2) and 6.4 (IPP/2.2) to make
“printer-device-id” REQUIRED, per IPP WG discussion

Technical – Revised section 5.1 to delete all [erroneous] Notification
operations from Table 1, per Gail Giansiracusa

Technical – Revised Table 3 in section 5.3 (IPP/2.1) to add Cancel-Jobs,
Cancel-My-Jobs, and Resubmit-Job, and Close-Job (from IPP JPS2) as
RECOMMENDED, per IPP WG discussion

Technical – Revised Table 4 in section 5.4 (IPP/2.2) to add Close-Job
(from IPP JPS2) as REQUIRED, per IPP WG discussion

Technical – Revised all section 5 notes and tables, to consistently state
that Validate-Job, Restart-Job, Purge-Jobs, Activate-Printer,
Deactivate-Printer, and Delete-Document are all OPTIONAL and
DEPRECATED, per IPP WG discussion

Editorial – Revised sections 7.1 and 7.2 Conformance for IPP Printer/Client
to explicitly state the REQUIRED TLS/1.2 for IPP/2.2 implementations

Editorial – Revised sections 10 Security Considerations to explicitly state
the REQUIRED TLS/1.2 for IPP/2.2 implementations (previously hidden in
Table 9)

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp