Subject: [Pwg-Announce] RE: PWG last call - Command Set Format - IEEE1284 Device ID -25 Feb 2010

From: "William Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:08:09 -0500

The last call period for the PWG Command Set Format for IEEE 1284 Device ID
1.0 specification ends this week. Although there have been several comments
of an editorial nature received, there have been no significant technical
comments. As noted below, the PWG Process requires acknowledged review by at
least 30% of the PWG membership. We therefore request that all voting PWG
members submit their comments promptly or, if having read the document they
have no comments, that they send a message so indicating to the WIMS WG
reflector <[email-masked]> and PMP reflector <[email-masked]>. This can be easily
done by "replying to all" for this email and preferably deleting the
[email-masked] address.

Many thanks, 

Bill Wagner, Chairman WIMS/PMP WG

From: William Wagner [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 6:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PWG last call - Command Set Format - IEEE1284 Device ID -25 Feb
2010

This is the formal announcement of PWG Last Call for the PWG Command Set
Format for IEEE 1284 Device ID 1.0 specification, prior to balloting for
advancement to PWG Candidate Standard.  The current draft is at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmp1284cmdset10-20100125.pdf. 

This "Stable" draft has been extensively reviewed and represents consensus
of the WIMS/PMP Working Group. Notice from Dell of implementation, received
in January, satisfies the prototyping requirement. The workgroup has
selected a 30-day last call period, ending on 25 February 2010 and
overlapping the February Plenary.  It is intended that comments relative to
this last call  be addressed during the WIMS/PMP face-to-face meeting  being
held in conjunction with the plenary, although all comments received any
time during the last call period will be addressed after  the last call
period is ended, according to the documented PWG process.

Because the IEEE1284 Device ID is used in many places  and in  more current
contexts than the 1284 interface, this document will have a effect on
virtually all printer products. It is strongly recommended that all parties
making printers or interfacing software review this document.  Note that,
according to the PWG process:

Last Call represents a final opportunity for issues to be raised against a
document. During this period all PWG members are encouraged to review the
final working draft for both technical and editorial content and to provide
comments to the Working Group.

Although acknowledged review by at least 30% of the PWG membership is
necessary, comments are accepted from all interested parties, whether or not
they are PWG members.

Please send comments to the WIMS WG reflector <[email-masked]> and PMP
reflector <[email-masked]>.

Thank you,

Bill Wagner, Chairman WIMS/PMP WG

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
pwg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/pwg-announce