Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Control Service (2 November 2014)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 18:45:10 -0500

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Control Service:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20141102-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20141102-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

This draft contains a *complete* list of proposed attributes for the
Description and Status groups in the new IPP System object,
including the proposed conformance and a rationale for every
REQUIRED or RECOMMENDED attribute.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

2 November 2014

- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 29 September 2014
- corrected typos and wording
- revised cover page and headers to change “IPPSYSTEM” to “SYSTEM”, per IPP
WG review
- globally changed “Imaging Device” to “Imaging System” where appropriate
(most instances), per IPP WG review
- globally changed “[RFC2616]” to “[RFC7230]”, per IPP WG review
- globally changed “[PWG5100.SCAN]” to “PWG5100.17]” and corrected
reference in section 10.1, per PWG approval of IPP Scan Service
- added section 1.1 Rationale for two IPP Protocol Endpoints to explain the
reason for separate URI for System and Printer objects, per IPP WG review
- revised section 2.2  to change title from “Printing Terminology” to
“Protocol Roles”, per IPP WG review
- revised section 2.2 to delete “IPP Printer” (and thus Logical Device and
Physical Device definitions and details) as not applicable to System
Control Service and to add “IPP System”, per IPP WG review
- revised section 2.3 to change title from “Other Terminology” to “Printing
Terminology”, per IPP WG review
- moved first sentence of section 2.2 (sources of terms) to section 2.3,
per IPP WG review
- revised section 2.3 to add new terms, including “Document”, “FaxOut
Job/Service”, “ith”, “Job”, “Print Job/Service”, “Scan Job/Service”,
“Spooling Service”, “Streaming Service”, “Subunit”, “Transform
Job/Service”, per IPP WG review
- revised section 2.3 to improve “Imaging System” definition, per IPP WG
review
- revised section 3.1 Rationale to clarify various paragraphs and add
numbered lists, per IPP WG review
- revised section 3.2 Use Cases to clarify various paragraphs, per IPP WG
review
- revised section 3.3 to change “TBD” to “There are no exceptions to the
use cases defined in section 3.2”, per IPP WG review
- revised section 3.4 Out of Scope to clarify first sentence, per IPP WG
review
- revised section 3.4 Out of Scope to clarify several statements, per IPP
WG review
- revised section 3.4 Design Requirements to clarify first sentence, per
IPP WG review
- added section 4.5 Document Object, per IPP WG review
- revised section 5.3 System Description to change “READ-ONLY” to
“READ-WRITE” (because Set-System-Attributes was restored in this draft),
per IPP WG review and Cloud Imaging WG recommendations
- revised section 5.4 System Status to clarify the “READ-ONLY” cannot be
modified by a Set-System-Attributes operation, per IPP WG review and Cloud
Imaging WG recommendations
- revised section 5.4 System Status to clarify the meaning of “system-uuid”
(SCS), “printer-uuid” (Imaging Service), and “device-uuid” (physical
hardware, i.e., network device), per IPP WG review
- revised section 5.4 System Status Table 2 to change “configured-services”
to “configured-printers”, per IPP WG review
- revised section 5.5 System Operations Table 3 to add back
Restart-One-Printer, Startup-One-Printer, Shutdown-One-Printer, and
Set-System-Elements, per IPP WG review and Cloud Imaging WG recommendations
- revised section 6 New IPP Operations to add back Restart-One-Printer,
Startup-One-Printer, Shutdown-One-Printer, and Set-System-Elements, per IPP
WG review and Cloud Imaging WG recommendations
- revised section 8.1 title to add “Create-Subscription” operation, per IPP
WG review
- revised section 13 to change title from “IANA Considerations” to “IANA
and PWG Considerations”, per IPP WG review
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp