Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme (28 Nov 2014)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:28:36 -0500

Hi,

I've just posted another Internet-Draft of IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding
and
'ipps' URI Scheme to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-17-20141128.txt
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-17-20141128.pdf
 - PDF of plaintext w/ line numbers (review *this* one)

This document has already been accepted and posted to the IETF I-D
repository.

This document is parallel to, but does not update or obsolete, RFC 3510.

This version has some *minor* editorial changes since the previous version
and is based on requests from Robert Sparks (IETF Gen-ART reviewer).

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira

--------------------------------

Change History

   28 November 2014 - draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-16.txt

   Editorial - Revised section Copyright Notice to add boilerplate for
   updates to pre-RFC5378 work, per ID-Nits and Robert Sparks on 21
   November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 1.2 Rationale for this Document, to
   correct three malformed references to [RFC2817] and to add missing
   references to [RFC7230] and [STD7], per ID-Nits and Robert Sparks on
   21 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 3 IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding, to
   collapse former steps 3-5 (explicit TCP, explicit TLS, explicit
   HTTPS) to just explicit HTTPS to avoid ambiguity about TLS
   certificate checks (which could otherwise differed from HTTPS), per
   advice of Robert Sparks on 21 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.3 Associated Port for 'ipps' URI
   Scheme, to add missing reference to [RFC5246], per ID-Nits and Robert
   Sparks on 21 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 5 IANA Considerations, to add missing
   references to [RFC5246], per ID-Nits and Robert Sparks on 21 November
   2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 6.1.2 Layers of Attacks, to add missing
   references to [STD7] and [RFC5246], per ID-Nits and Robert Sparks on
   21 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 6.2.4 No Client Authentication for 'ipps'
   URI, to add missing reference to [RFC5246],
   per ID-Nits and Robert Sparks on 21 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 8.1 Normative References, to delete obscure
composite
   reference [HTTP1.1] and to correct reference [RFC7235], per ID-Nits
   and Robert Sparks on 21 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 8.2 Informative References, to add
   missing reference [RFC2566], per ID-Nits and Robert Sparks on 21
   November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section Appendix A - Abbreviations, to replace
   obscure composite reference [HTTP1.1] with [RFC7230], per ID-Nits and
   Robert Sparks on 21 November 2014.
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp