Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme (11 Nov 2014)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 17:50:37 -0500

Hi,

I've just posted another Internet-Draft of IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding
and
'ipps' URI Scheme to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-16-20141111.txt
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-16-20141111.pdf
 - PDF of plaintext w/ line numbers (review *this* one)

This document has already been accepted and posted to the IETF I-D
repository.

This document is parallel to, but does not update or obsolete, RFC 3510.

This version has many *minor* editorial changes since the previous version
and is based on requests from Tom Petch (IETF reviewer), Graham Klyne
(IANA URI Scheme reviewer), Barry Leiba (IETF Apps AD), and IEEE-ISTO
PWG IPP WG review.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira

--------------------------------

Change History

   11 November 2014 - draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-16.txt

   Editorial - Revised section 3 IPP over HTTPS Transport Binding to
   correct reference to section 7 'TLS Handshaking Protocols' in
   [RFC5246], per advice of Tom Petch on 30 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4 Definition of 'ipps' URI Scheme to
   narrow scope to the URI scheme and avoid discussion of associated
   media type, per advice of Graham Klyne and Barry Leiba on 9 November
   2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4 Definition of 'ipps' URI Scheme and all
   subsections to state the explicit source of all conformance
   constraints as [RFC2910] or [PWG5100.14], as appropriate, per advice
   of Graham Klyne on 4 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.1 Applicability of 'ipps' URI Scheme to
   add the conformance requirement that the 'ipps' URI scheme MUST only
   be used with the transport binding defined in this document, per
   advice of Tom Petch on 30 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.1 Applicability of 'ipps' URI Scheme to
   remove out-of-scope mention of relative URI, per advice of Graham
   Klyne on 4 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.3 Associated Port for 'ipps' URI Scheme
   to clarify that the dual use of port 631 in the IPP protocol (with or
   without TLS) was an IESG decision, per advice of Graham Klyne on 4
   November 2014.

   Editorial - Deleted (former) section 4.4 Associated Media Type for
   'ipps' URI Scheme and removed widowed [MEDIAREG] from section 8.2
   Informative References, per advice of Graham Klyne and Barry Leiba on
   9 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 4.5 Examples of 'ipps' URI to add missing
   trailing forward slash to all URI examples, consistent w/ section
   4.2, per advice of Graham Klyne on 4 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 5 IANA Considerations to correct section
   4.4 cross-reference in "Encoding Considerations" clause, per advice
   of Tom Petch on 30 October 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 6.1 Problem Statement, section 6.1.1
   Targets of Attacks, and section 6.2.2 Unauthorized Access by IPP
   Client, to address privacy-sensitive job metadata, per advice of
   Graham Klyne on 4 November 2014.

   Editorial - Revised section 6.2.1 Faked 'ipps' URI to add discussion
   of the reasons to avoid use of literal IP addresses in 'ipps' URI and
   a cross-reference to section 4.2 Syntax of 'ipps' URI Scheme, per
   advice of Tom Petch on 30 October 2014.
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp