Subject: [IPP] Updated Stable draft of the IPP Shared Infrastructure Extensions (INFRA) posted

From: Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 16:12:48 -0500

All,

I have posted an updated stable draft of the IPP Shared Infrastructure Extensions (INFRA) to:

	http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippinfra10-20141105.docx
	http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippinfra10-20141105.pdf
	http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippinfra10-20141105-rev.pdf

The new draft addresses all of the feedback and F2F discussion from the last 9 months.

The plan is to move this document to WG Last Call after the next IPP conference call...

_________________________________________________________
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: "William A Wagner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 18:09:44 -0500

Michael,
A few comments and questions on what was a cursory read.

1. I think the Abstract needs some punctuation. [This document defines an
IPP binding of the Cloud Imaging Model that allows IPP Printers to interface
with shared services based in the network infrastructure, i.e.,
software-defined networks, and/or through Cloud solutions to remotely obtain
and process jobs and documents, and provide state and configuration changes
to those services.]

2. At the November meeting, you proposed three new attributes related to
resource.:
"printer-resource-directory-uri (uri)" 
"printer-resource-k-octets-available (integer(0:MAX))" and 
"printer-resource-k-octets-used (integer(0:MAX))" 

 a. In the new text, I assume that "printer-resource-directory-uri" is
replaced with printer-static-resource-directory-uri (uri). 
 b. I cannot find "printer-resource-k-octets-available (integer(0:MAX))" or
"printer-resource-k-octets-used (integer(0:MAX))". I assume that the
directory is dedicated to a particular device and that its contents are
managed by the proxy, so that the proxy is aware of what is available and
what is used.
 c. printer-static-resource-supported (integer(0:MAX)) is perhaps a
misleading name (I first assumed it was a Boolean) and the definition "total
number of K octets (units of 1024 octets) that can be stored" could be read
to mean K octets available versus maximum capacity of
printer-static-resource-directory.

Thanks,
Bill Wagner

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Michael
Sweet
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 4:13 PM	
Subject: [IPP] Updated Stable draft of the IPP Shared Infrastructure
Extensions (INFRA) posted

All,

I have posted an updated stable draft of the IPP Shared Infrastructure
Extensions (INFRA) to:

The new draft addresses all of the feedback and F2F discussion from the last
9 months.

The plan is to move this document to WG Last Call after the next IPP
conference call...