Subject: Ted has over 16,000 amazing woodworking plans

From: "Wood Work" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:32:14 -0800

Ted has over 16,000 Woodworking Plans and Blueprints to build just about anything. The price has just dropped $20.

Better snag your copy while it lasts.

Read about it

d
Bumbledom, followed in 1838, though it was not completed until after
"Nicholas Nickleby" began to appear in 1839.

At this time was started _Master Humphrey's Clock_, a sort of miscellany
in which it was intended to publish a series of papers written chiefly by
Dickens himself after the style of Addison's _Spectator_ of a former day.
It was not at first successful, and only upon the commencement therein of
the "Old Curiosity Shop" did it take on in any sense.

Master Humphrey's Clock ran down with the completion of the novel, though
this story, in company with "Barnaby Rudge," a tale of the riots of '80,
was not issued in book form until 1848 and 1849.

The authorship of "Pickwick" was unknown by the great mass of the public
until very nearly the completion of the work in serial parts. Much
conjecture was raised, and a writer in _Bentley's Miscellany_ published
the following lines under the title of:

IMPROMPTU

_"Who the_ Dickens _'Boz' could be_
_Puzzled many a learned elf,_
_Till time revealed the mystery,_
_And 'Boz' appeared as_ Dickens' _self."_

The other contributions made by Dickens to this periodical were afterward
added to his published works under the title of "Master Humphrey's Clock."

Dickens' first tour to America followed the abandonment of the periodical
in 1842. This event called forth the following verses by Tom Hood,
entitled:

TO CHARLES DICKENS

_On his Proposed Voyage to America, 1842._

_"Pshaw! away with leaf and berry_
_And the sober-sided cup!_
_Bring a Goblet and bright Sherry!_
_And a bumper fill me up.--_
_Tho' I had a pledge to shiver,_
_And the longest ever was,--_
_Ere his vessel leaves our river,_
_I will drink a health to 'Boz.'_

_"Here's success to all his antics,_
_Since it pleases him to roam,_
_And to paddle o'er Atlantics,_
_After such a sale at home_
_May he shun all rocks whatever,_
_And the shallow sand that lurks,--_
_And his passage be as clever_
_As the best among his works."_

With what favour his visit was received in America is too well known to
require detailed mention here. His experiences and observations recounted
in "American Notes," first published in 1842 upon his return to England,
has told these vividly and picturesquely, if not exactly consistently.

As a reader, Dickens stood as preeminently to the fore as when posing as a
writer. His phenomenal success on the platform is given in detail in a
volume written by George Dolby, who accompanied him and managed his
American tour. The mental and physical strain was such that in fifteen
years of combined editorial, literary, and reading labours, it left him
attenuated and finally curtailed his brilliant work.

What the readings really did accomplish was to increase and firmly assure
the permanence of his already wide-spread fame.

"Martin Chuzzlewit" had begun to appear in shilling parts in 1843, and at
that time was considered by the novelist to be by far the best work he
had yet written. "Dombey and Son" followed, and afterward "David
Copperfield," to which Dickens transferred his affections from
"Chuzzlewit." This new "child of fancy," as he called it, was so largely
autobiographical as to be accepted by many as being a recoun