Subject: [IPP] (no subject)

From: Walter Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:24:54 +0800

Hi Michael

The following is description for "printer-uri-supported" in RFC2911.

4.4.1 printer-uri-supported (1setOf uri)
This REQUIRED Printer attribute contains at least one URI for the
Printer object. It OPTIONALLY contains more than one URI for the
Printer object.
An administrator determines a Printer object's
URI(s) and configures this attribute to contain those URIs by some
means outside the scope of this IPP/1.1 document. The precise format
of this URI is implementation dependent and depends on the protocol.
See the next two sections for a description of the "uri-security-
supported" and "uri-authentication-supported" attributes, both of
which are the REQUIRED companion attributes to this "printer-uri-
supported" attribute. See section 2.4 on Printer object identity and
section 8.2 on security and URIs for more information.

I return the following values for the attribute.

IPP:     ATTRIBUTE: printer-uri-supported
IPP:       VALUE: Syntax=URI, Data=ipp://DEV334142.local/ipp/print
IPP:       VALUE: Syntax=URI, Data=ipp://DEV334142.local/ipp/faxout

But APVT 1.4 complain:

_Check printer-uri-supported._FAIL

"/ipp/faxout" MUST NOT be listed in printer-uri-supported for printer 
but found URI(s) of which path portion(s) are "/ipp/faxout".

Found 2 different resource partitions in printer-uri-supported. 
printer-uri-supported MUST NOT list special URIs. (

"/ipp/print",

"/ipp/faxout"

)

{

Name = "Check printer-uri-supported.";

Operation = "Get-Printer-Attributes";

RequestAttributes = (

{

"attributes-charset" = "utf-8";

"attributes-natural-language" = en;

"printer-uri" = "ipp://DEV334142.local.:631/ipp/print";

"requested-attributes" = "printer-uri-supported";

}

);

RequestId = 66447;

ResponseAttributes = (

{

"attributes-charset" = "utf-8";

"attributes-natural-language" = en;

},

{

"printer-uri-supported" = (

"ipp://DEV334142.local/ipp/print",

"ipp://DEV334142.local/ipp/faxout"

);

}

);

StatusCode = "successful-ok";

Successful = 1;

Version = "2.0";

}

It seems I should only return "ipp://DEV334142.local/ipp/print " for 
"printer-uri-supported" for printer, and return 
"ipp://DEV334142.local/ipp/faxout" for
"printer-uri-supported" for faxout ?

Which rule in IPP specification does the APVT 1.4 obey ?

Regards

Walter

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 12:08:24 -0500

Hi Walter,

Youi should only return one or more ".../ipp/print" URIs for Print service
and one or more ".../ipp/faxout" URIs for FaxOut service.

Only the *future* IPP System Service (that Mike and I are writing) will
show in "configured-printers" a list of all services with service type,
URI, UUID, etc.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Walter Zhou <[email-masked]> wrote:

> An administrator determines a Printer object’s
> *Check printer-uri-supported.* FAIL
>
> "/ipp/faxout" MUST NOT be listed in printer-uri-supported for printer but
> found URI(s) of which path portion(s) are "/ipp/faxout".
>
> It seems I should only return "ipp://DEV334142.local/ipp/print " for "printer-uri-supported"
> for printer, and return "ipp://DEV334142.local/ipp/faxout" for