Subject: [IPP] Fwd: [Cfrg] Wi-Fi Alliance Device Provisioning Protocol (DPP) - Draft Released for Public Review and Comments

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 10:53:04 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Lambert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 9:27 PM
Subject: [Cfrg] Wi-Fi Alliance Device Provisioning Protocol (DPP) - Draft
Released for Public Review and Comments
To: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "
[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

The Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) has posted a draft version of a new ‘setup
protocol’:

https://www.wi-fi.org/downloads-registered-guest/Wi-Fi_DPP_Tech_Spec_v0_0_23.pdf

The WFA is looking for review and comments on this specification.

Paul

*From:* Cfrg [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of *Eggert, Lars
*Sent:* Thursday, July 21, 2016 8:52 AM
*To:* [email-masked]
*Subject:* [Cfrg] Fwd: [T2TRG] dpp

Potentially of interest to the group - email on t2trg@

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *Paul Lambert <[email-masked]>

*Subject: Re: [T2TRG] dpp*

*Date: *July 21, 2016 at 17:45:00 GMT+2

*To: *Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

*Cc: *Gabino Solano <[email-masked]>

The Wifi Alliance is working on a protocol that is intended to improve
initial access for devices.  While the spec is not public, the blurb about
the spec is.  It says:

Device Provisioning Protocol

With the increase in Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices available, end users have the
ability to add a more diverse set of devices to their Wi-Fi networks,
including a growing range of devices that do not have a rich user
interface. Wi-Fi Alliance Device Provisioning Protocol will enhance the
user experience with a simple, secure, and consistent method for on- and
off-boarding any type of device on a Wi-Fi network.

See http://www.wi-fi.org/who-we-are/current-work-areas.

I’m working to expedite an open cryptographic review of the current draft
of the DPP specification.  The Wi-Fi Alliance staff is still working on the
process to solicit comments, but there should be something that can be
shared within a few weeks. If you are interesting in reviewing this draft
please send a note to Gabino Solano (cc’ed).

Paul

Eliot

_______________________________________________
T2TRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/t2trg

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp