Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (6 July 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 13:49:02 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call next week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160706-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160706-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

Summary:  All pending edits from 27 June plus "system-configured-subunits"
and other clarifications including consolidation of Power General, Power
Meters, and Power Monitor collections into "power-state-monitor-col".

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:
6 July 2016

- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 27 June 2016
- global – accepted all changes before section section 7.3.4
power-state-capabilities-col
- global – added many comments with design choice notes
- global – replaced “*word*” with “word” in BOLD for consistency
- global – revised all System, Printer, and Resource status attribute
definitions to use “identifies” or “contains” instead of “specifies” (since
status attributes always report values rather than allowing them to be set)
- global – changes all power state attributes to be (type1 keyword) in
order to disallow any vendor unique extension keywords
- global – corrected references to former section 7.2.7.7 power state
definitions to section 7.2.1 Power States and Policies
- revised section 5.3 System State Attributes and Table 2 to rename
“power-monitor-col” to “power-state-monitor-col” and combine with former
“power-general-col” and “power-meters-col”
- revised section 5.4 System Operations and Table 3 to remove document
references on “<none>” operation columns and add appropriate footnotes
- revised section 5.6 Resource Description Attributes and Table 4 to delete
“resource-string-version” and “resource-version”
- revised section 5.7 Resource Status Attributes and Table 5 to add
“date-time-at-installed” “time-at-installed”, “resource-string-version”,
and “resource-version”
- revised section 5.7 Resource Status Attributes and Table 5 to add
“resource-owner-col”, “resource-string-version”, and “resource-version” and
appropriate footnotes
- revised section 5.7 Resource Status Attributes and Table 5 to remove
document references on “<none>” operation columns and add appropriate
footnotes
- added section 5.9 Printer Status Attributes and Table 7 for
“printer-config-changes” and “printer-service-type”
- revised section 6.2 Create-Printer, section 6.3 Create-Resource, and
section 7.1 System, Printer, and Resource Operation Attributes to add
“requesting-user-vcard” attribute for use in setting “printer-owner-col”
and “resource-owner-col” description attributes
- added section 7.2.1 Power States and Policies to define all power states
(including examples of their typical effect on System activities), their
relationships to DMTF CIM and ACPI, their order of power consumption based
on DMTF CIM, and examples of their usage (in power policies and in
operations such as Restart-System)
- revised section 7.2.8.2 event-name to replace vendor name
‘AcmeCrackedCrock’ with ‘ExampleEventName’
- revised section 7.2.24 xri-supported member attributes to reference
[RFC3380] and use corresponding member attribute names
- revised sections 7.2.x power-calendar-policy-col, power-event-policy-col,
and power-timeout-policy-col to add commented examples
- revised section 7.3.2.4 power-state-message to remove ‘959’, ‘960’, etc.
from cut-and-paste from PDF source and add complete example for system
shutdown
- revised section 7.3.5 power-state-monitor-col to include all attributes
from former “power-general-col” and “power-meters-col” collections except
for “power-peak-watts” and “previous-month-kwh” and to rename
“can-request-power-states” to “valid-request-power-states” (for clarity)
- revised section 7.3.5.6 power-state-message to add complete example for
system shutdown
- revised section 7.3.11 system-configured-subunits to add all member
attributes per PWG MFD Model and PWG Imaging System State and Counter MIB v2
- revised section 7.6 Resource Description Attributes to add
“resource-owner-col” and delete “resource-string-version” and
“resource-version”
- revised section 7.7 Resource Status Attributes to add
“date-time-at-installed”, “time-at-installed”, “resource-string-version”,
and “resource-version”
- revised section 7.7.14 resource-state-reasons to add ‘installed’ (others
are still TBD)
- revised section 14.1 Normative References to add [ACPI], DMTF [DSP1027],
and [IEEE1621] for power state definitions and semantics and various RFCs
and PWG specs for other references
- TODO: Design and define “system-totals” as a subset of [PWG5108.06]
- TODO: Design and define “resource-authenticator”
- ISSUE: Indices for "system-configured-subunits" for multiple output
devices?
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp