Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (20 July 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 17:27:46 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call next week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160720-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160720-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

Summary:  All pending edits from 11 July plus new tables, clarifications,
and usage notes.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:
20 July 2016

- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 11 July 2016
- global – accepted all changes before section 7.3.10
system-configured-resources
- revised Abstract and Introduction to tighten up wording
- revised section 5.6 Resource Description Attributes and Table 4 to add
note for REQUIRED “resource-owner-col”
- revised section 5.7 Resource Status Attributes and Table 5 to delete
“resource-owner-col” (belongs in settable description attributes for change
of owner) and associated note
- revised section 5.7 Resource Status Attributes and Table 5 to add note
for “date-time-at-installed” and “time-at-installed” including analogy to
“date-time-at-processing” and “time-at- processing” Job attributes
- added section 5.10 Job Description Attributes and Table 8 for
“job-owner-col” extension
- revised section 7.1.4 “requesting-user-vcard” to extend to System,
Printer, Resource, and Job objects and discuss “most authenticated” user
identity with pointer to “job-originating-user-name” in [RFC2911].
- revised section 7.3.1 “power-log-col” to discuss minimizing log entries,
MUST log final states, and MAY omit intermediate states (e.g., from
‘resetNMI’)
- revised section 7.3.9 “system-configured-printers” to add Table 9 of
member attributes
- revised section 7.3.10 “system-configured-resources” to add Table 10 of
member attributes
- revised section 7.3.11 “system-configured-subunits” to add Table 11 of
member attributes
- deleted section 7.3.9.8 “queued-job-count” from
“system-configured-printers” (too much detail without much utility)
- revised section 7.7.3 “date-time-at-installation” and section 7.7.21
“time-at-installation” to note analogy to analogy to
“date-time-at-processing” and “time-at- processing” Job attributes
- revised section 7.7.11 “resource-state” to add comment suggesting new
first class state of ‘installed’ (follows ‘active’) to show up in
“system-configured-resources” summary
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp