Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (18 August 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 17:05:04 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the PWG F2F next week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160818-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160818-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

Summary:  Most pending edits from 15 August plus new operation details,
clarifications, and usage notes.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

18 August 2016

- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 15 August 2016
- global – accepted all changes before section 7
- global – changed “system-default-printer-uri” (ambiguous, N per Printer)
to “system-default-printer-id” (explicit, 1 per Printer)
- global – changed “resource-printer-uri” (ambiguous, N per Printer) to
“resource-printer-id” (explicit, 1 per Printer)
- global – changed all Printer operations to replace “printer-uri”
(ambiguous, N per Printer) with “printer-id” (explicit, 1 per Printer)
- added section 1.2 Get-Printer-Attributes extension (about “default”
Printer)
- added section 1.3 Printer Identity Extension (about “printer-id”)
- revised section 5.9 Printer Status Attributes and Table 7 to add
“printer-id” and correct SM references for all three attributes
- revised sections 6.x to explicit state requirement for “authorized
Operator or Administrator” (most operations), “authorized Client” (few
operations), or “unauthenticated Client” (ONLY for Get-Printer-Attributes
extended legacy operation)
- revised section 6.1 Cancel-Resource to discuss “age” out (delete) of
Resource objects in the Resource History (after cancellation) – need some
more text here
- revised section 6.1.1 Cancel-Resource Request and section 6.4.1
Create-Resource-Subscriptions Request to move up the “resource-id” target
operation attribute
- revised section 6.2.2 Create-Printer Response to delete “printer-uri” and
“printer-uri-supported”, etc  and add “printer-id” and
“printer-xri-supported”
- revised section 6.3 Create-Resource to fix spelling of Install-Resource
and “notify-printer-id”
- revised section 6.4 Create-Resource-Subscriptions to return “status-code”
of ‘client-error-not-possible’ for “resource-state” or ‘canceled’
- revised section 6.4 Create-Resource-Subscriptions to change analogy from
Create-Printer-Subscriptions to Create-Job-Subscriptions
- revised section 6.6.1 Delete-Printer Request to explicitly add the
(mandatory to supply) “printer-id” operation attribute
- revised section 6.9.1 Get-Printers Request to explicitly add the
(optional for Client to supply) “printer-ids” operation attribute
- revised section 6.9.2 Get-Printers Response to explicitly add the
(mandatory for System to return) “printer-id” Printer response attribute
for each Printer object returned
- revised section 6.10 Get-Printer-Attributes to change
“system-default-printer-uri” to “system-default-printer-id” and add (Client
optionally supplies) explicit “printer-id”
- revised section 7.1 System, Printer, Resource, and Job Operation
Attributes to add “printer-id”
- revised section 7.3.9 system-configured-printers and Table 9 to add
“printer-id”
- revised section 7.5 Printer Status Attributes to define “printer-id” for
resource-constrained Clients
- TODO – add status-code text to section 6 preamble and to all operations
in sections 6.x
- TODO – add resource-state discussion and clarify Install-Resource (i.e.,
could it be* immediate* without a reboot?)
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp