Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (10 August 2016)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:10:52 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call next week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160810-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20160810-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

Summary:  All pending edits from 25 July plus new operations,
clarifications, and usage notes.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

10 August 2016

- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 25 July 2016
- global – accepted all changes before section 7.3.11
system-configured-subunits
- renamed section 5.10 from Job Description Attributes to Job Status
Attributes for new “job-owner-col”
- revised sections 6.x to add requesting-user-vcard to all operations (as
Client SHOULD supply and System MUST support)
- revised section 6.1 Cancel-Resource to define the operation
- revised section 6.2 Create-Printer to remove erroneous “printer-uri” as
input attribute
- revised section 6.3 Create-Resource to refer to new Install-Resource and
‘installed’ value of “resource-state”
- revised section 6.4 Create-Resource-Subscriptions to define the operation
- revised section 6.5 Create-System-Subscriptions to define the operation
- revised section 7.1.4 requesting-user-vcard to clarify usage and that it
goes to a Job Status attribute (rather than Description attribute),
different from System, Printer, and Resource long-lived objects
- revised section 7.3.1 power-log-col to change “transition” to
“transitions” (plural) and correct spelling of ‘reset-nmi’ in example
- revised sections 7.3.10.x to correct forward references to sections 7.x
- revised section 7.3.10.3 resource-id to change “(1:max)” to “(1:MAX)”
- deleted former section 7.3.11 system-configured-subunits per consensus
- deleted former section 7.3.18 system-totals per consensus (redundant with
counters in Printer service objects)
- revised section 7.7.12 resource-state to add ‘installed’ as a first class
state for executable Resource objects (which shows in
system-configured-resources summary)
- renamed section 7.8 from Job Description Attributes to Job Status
Attributes for new “job-owner-col”
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp