Subject: [IPP] Guidelines for Writing RFC Security Considerations - draft revision

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 09:45:49 -0400

FYI - important reading material for all editors

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 9:24 AM
Subject: [saag] Fwd: New Version Notification for
draft-nir-saag-rfc3552bis-00.txt
To: Security Area Advisory Group <[email-masked]>

Hi.

As discussed at the SAAG meeting in Berlin, this is version -00 of the the
revision of RFC 3552 (“Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on Security
Considerations”).

This version is mostly RFC 3552 with minor changes:

   - Updated references where the original referenced RFCs have been
   obsoleted
   - Added missing references
   - Moved several references from Normative to Informative.
   - Minor nit fixes
   - New authors; old authors acknowledged in section 7.

Now we can start talking about changes that need to be made.

The XML is maintained in GitHub: https://github.com/IETF-SAAG/RFC3552bis

Feel free to suggest changes using PRs or emails to this list. Please email
this list with a link even if you submit a PR, because discussions happen
on list, not on GitHub.

Regards

Yoav

Begin forwarded message:

*From: [email-masked]
*Subject: **New Version Notification for draft-nir-saag-rfc3552bis-00.txt*
*Date: *25 August 2016 at 4:15:12 PM GMT+3
*To: *"Yoav Nir" <[email-masked]>, "Magnus Westerlund" <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-nir-saag-rfc3552bis-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yoav Nir and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-nir-saag-rfc3552bis
Revision: 00
Title: Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on Security Considerations
Document date: 2016-08-25
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 44
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nir-
saag-rfc3552bis-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nir-saag-rfc3552bis/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nir-saag-rfc3552bis-00

Abstract:
  All RFCs are required to have a Security Considerations section.
  Historically, such sections have been relatively weak.  This document
  provides guidelines to RFC authors on how to write a good Security
  Considerations section.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp