Subject: [IPP] Fwd: Protocol Action: 'Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics' to Proposed Standard (draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-11.txt)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 20:28:20 -0400

Hi,

RFC2911bis is IESG-approved as an IETF Proposed Standard!
Champagne, funny hats, etc....

Well done Mike.

Cheers,
- Ira

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 2:39 PM
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and
Semantics' to Proposed Standard (draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-11.txt)
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
The IESG <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
[email-masked]

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics'
  (draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sweet-rfc2911bis/

Technical Summary

    The 2910bis and 2911bis documents are making necessary updates to the
Internet Printing
Protocol that was produced by the IPP working group and published as RFCs
2910 and 2911
in 2000.  The updates bring the protocol up to date with what is currently
deployed.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a product of any WG.

Document Quality

   After the IPP working group was closed down in 2000, further work on
Internet printing moved
out of the IETF and into the IEEE-ISTO's Printer Working Group (IPP WG).
These documents
represent the work of that group, which is where all the
operators/implementors of IPP do
their work (they are, basically, the ones who worked in the IETF IPP
working group when it
was active).  The documents have consensus of that group, and the consensus
and implementation
are solid and broad.

   The documents are being brought back into the IETF for last call and
publication because
they are updating (replacing) IETF Standards Track documents.  There is no
active work in the
IETF on Internet printing now.

Personnel

  Barry Leiba is the document shepherd.  Alexey Melnikov is the responsible
Area Director.
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp