Subject: [IPP] [PWG5100.7] Issue #69: Section 5.2 needs to clarify that attributes such as "compression-supplied" may not come from a Job Creation operation but rather from a Document Creation / Job operation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 07:06:50 +0000 (UTC)

[Issue Unconfirmed]

Sub-sections of section 5.2 each end with a statement similar to the last
sentence of section 5.2.1: 

"The Printer sets this Job Description attribute from the corresponding
Operation attribute (see [rfc2911] §3.2.1.1) supplied by the client in the
Job Creation operation."

However, some Job or Document attributes such as "compression" may not be
specified by a Job Creation operation (Print-Job, Print-URI, or Create-Job,
as per RFC 8011 section 4.1.9) but rather by a Send-Document operation,
which is strictly speaking not a Job Creation operation, but rather a Job
operation or Document Creation operation, depending on which spec you read
(RFC 8011 or PWG 5100.5).

Clarify each sub-section of 5.2 to make it clear that the corresponding Job
Template or Document Template attribute may not be specified in the Job
Creation operation, but rather in a Document Creation operation / Job
operation such as Send-Document or Send-URI.

Link: http://www.pwg.org/issues/69

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp