Subject: [IPP] Initial draft of IPP 3D Printing Extensions v1.1 posted

From: Michael Sweet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 19:30:52 -0400

All,

I have posted an initial draft of the IPP 3D Printing Extensions v1.1 to:

	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp3d11-20180426.docx
	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp3d11-20180426.pdf
	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp3d11-20180426-rev.pdf

This is the start of an errata process to address known issues in the 1.0 spec, including:

- Lack of a layered format for printers that cannot do their own slicing
- Attributes necessary to allow clients and cloud/infrastructure services to produce an intermediate sliced format for a printer.
- The platform-shape attribute (previous registered by Apple).
- Discussion points for material types that are defined by other standards bodies.
- Updates to referenced specifications.

_________________________________________________________
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp