Subject: [IPP] WG Last Call: IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 (ends 10 April 2019)

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 18:40:22 -0400

Hi,

This message begins the second IPP WG Last Call of the IPP
Authentication Methods v1.0 available at:

  https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190328.pdf
  https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190328-rev.pdf

Please respond with any feedback or comments by doing a "reply all" to
this message.

This last call will end on 10 April 2019 at 10pm PT.

This best practice was reviewed yesterday by the IPP WG, based on the
PWG Last Call Review Comments (LCRC), and all reported technical and
editorial issues have been resolved.

Note:  Smith emphasizes that two areas that should have particular focus
in this IPP WG Last Call are:

(a) the text in section 4 on page 15 (lines 196-217 in the clean version
(above); and

(b) the UML Sequence Diagrams, to see if they better illustrate the steps
that concern authorization and authentication, and how they represent the
steps needed to allow the Authorization Service to evaluate whether the
IPP operation request can be authorized or not.

Cheers,
- Ira (IPP WG Co-Chair)

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp