Subject: [IPP] Fwd: [art] Modern Network Unicode — –02 submitted

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 17:02:02 -0400

Hi,

Carsten Bormann (father of CBOL, CDDL, and much else) is doing
a next generation of RFC 5198 Network Unicode.

I'll watch this one.

Cheers,
- Ira

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: [art] Modern Network Unicode — –02 submitted
To: Manger, James <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Hi James, Tim, Martin,

thank you for the quick feedback!  As suggested, I have started turning
this into a standalone document (of course, still requiring RFC 3629, the
UTF-8 definition):

Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-dispatch-modern-network-unicode/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-dispatch-modern-network-unicode-02
Diff:
https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-dispatch-modern-network-unicode-02

I hope I haven’t missed anything important from RFC 5198 that I wanted to
keep.
Maybe time to involve the authors of that RFC…

Grüße, Carsten

> On Jul 8, 2019, at 04:18, Manger, James <[email-masked]>
wrote:
>
> Would be nicer if it wasn't written as a diff from RFC5198 (Network
Unicode). That is, if you could get all the rules directly from this doc.
For instance, I assume Clean Modern Network Unicode must/should be NFC.
Keep the RFC5198 comparisons for an informative annex.

_______________________________________________
art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/art
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp