Subject: [IPP] PWG Formal Vote: IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 - 17 July 2019 to 16 August 2019

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 18:13:31 -0400

Greetings,

VOTES ARE CONFIDENTIAL! See voting instructions below.

This email initiates the Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership on

the IPP Authentication Methods v1.0 document as a PWG Best Practices
recommendation, which is located at:

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippauth-20190702.pdf

The complete list of PWG Last Call issues and resolutions is located at:

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/lcrc-ippauth-r2.txt

The minutes of the IPP WG review of LCRC changes was on 27 June

2019 and are posted at:

http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/minutes/ippv2-concall-minutes-20190627.pdf

VOTING PERIOD

This Formal Vote starts Today, 17 July 2019 and ends at 10pm (US Pacific

Time) on 16 August 2019.  Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with Strong
Objection),

Abstain.

Representatives from PWG member companies are _STRONGLY_

encouraged to exercise their right to vote.

PWG Privacy Policy: Your vote is confidential and will not be disclosed by

PWG officers or document editors.

HOW TO VOTE

Send an email with *exactly* the following subject line format:

IPP Authentication Methods 1.0 Formal Vote-<company name>-<voter's last
name>

-<Yes/No/Abstain>

For example:

IPP Authentication Methods 1.0 Formal Vote-Acme-McGee-Yes

VOTING RULES

1. Any "No" vote MUST state the reason for the "No" vote and MUST contain

a description of the *technical* changesrequired to turn the "No" vote into
a

"Yes" vote - otherwise the "No" vote will NOT be counted, per PWG

Process/3.0.

2. Any "No" vote MUST NOT contain *editorial* comments, per PWG

Process/3.0.

3. Any "Yes" vote MAY contain "editorial" comments, per PWG Process/3.0.

4. Any "Yes" vote MUST NOT contain any *technical* comments, per PWG

Process/3.0.

5. Any "Abstain" vote counts toward quorum, but not approval.

WHERE TO SEND YOUR VOTE

Please send your vote to *all* of the following email addresses:

[email-masked] (Smith Kennedy, PWG Chair, IPP Auth Editor)

[email-masked] (Alan Sukert, PWG Vice Chair)
[email-masked] (Ira McDonald, PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair)
[email-masked] (Mike Sweet, IPP WG Secretary)

Please do NOT simply reply to this note on the PWG-Announce or IPP WG
lists (to preserve the confidentiality of your vote).

NOTES

1. This Formal Vote is being conducted under the rules of the PWG
Process/3.0

and the current PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality
agreement.

The PWG Membership Agreement calls out both of these documents and the
links

are provided below.

2. To be eligible to vote the member MUST have submitted a signed copy of
the

PWG Membership Agreement and paid their dues for 2019.

3. The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 3.0 is

located at:

http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-process30.pdf

4. The PWG Policy on Intellectual Property and Confidentiality is located
at:

http://www.pwg.org/chair/membership_docs/pwg-ip-policy.pdf

Cheers,
- Ira (PWG Secretary, IPP WG Co-Chair)

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto: [email-masked]
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp