Subject: [IPP] Fwd: [TLS] TLS 1.3 Document Update

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 15:53:06 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 12:11 PM
Subject: [TLS] TLS 1.3 Document Update
To: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>

Hi folks,

I've just posted draft-rescorla-tls-rfc8446-bis-00.

This document does two things:

1. It rolls up all the various errata that have been filed for
   RFC 8446. Some of these have created some reader confusion
   and so hopefully this will help.

2. It renames the "master" secrets to "main" secrets in service
   of more inclusive language [0]

My intention here is not to make technical changes but just to produce
a document that's easier to work with.  If there are other pieces of
text that you think need to be fixed, now would be a good time to flag
them.  I am working on this document at
https://github.com/ekr/tls13-spec

Thanks to David Benjamin for suggesting this and talking over the
mechanics.

-Ekr

[0] Note that I was not totally unable to remove "master" because the
key schedule labels include it. However, I have removed it from the
text and I think we should probably change the labels to hex to
obscure it.

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp