Subject: [IPP] Fwd: [Cfrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-00.txt

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 11:09:08 -0400

Hi,

IRTF Crypto Forum excellent work (just adopted from individual work)
on safety limits of key usage in AEAD algorithms.  This will become
a primary reference in a number of new or updated RFCs across both
transport and application protocols.

Cheers,
- Ira

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 10:55 AM
Subject: [Cfrg] I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-00.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Usage Limits on AEAD Algorithms
        Authors         : Felix Günther
                          Martin Thomson
                          Christopher A. Wood
        Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-00.txt
        Pages           : 13
        Date            : 2020-08-14

Abstract:
   An Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data (AEAD) algorithm
   provides confidentiality and integrity.  Excessive use of the same
   key can give an attacker advantages in breaking these properties.
   This document provides simple guidance for users of common AEAD
   functions about how to limit the use of keys in order to bound the
   advantage given to an attacker.  It considers limits in both single-
   and multi-user settings.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-aead-limits-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
Cfrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/cfrg
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp