Subject: [IPP] IPP Registration Request to obsolete all "media" keywords containing 'synchro'

From: "Kennedy, Smith \(Wireless & IPP Standards\) via ipp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 17:14:14 +0000

Greetings,

In RFC 2911, a number of media types were defined for the "Synchro-Cut" feature. The justification for these was described in section 14.1. Those were not included in RFC 8011, and were apparently deprecated in MSN1. Equivalents to these can be specified using MSN2 media names and finishings operations. To ensure that these deprecated media keywords are not used going forward, I propose they be obsoleted.

Here is the IANA Registration Template, using the Courier fixed width font and a placeholder reference value to be replaced if this registration is approved.

Attribute Keyword Value Registrations

Attributes (attribute syntax)
  Keyword Attribute Value                           Reference
  ---------------------------------------------     --------------
media (type2 keyword | name(MAX)                    [RFC8011]
  arch-axsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-axsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-axsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-bxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-bxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-bxsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-cxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-cxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-cxsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-dxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-dxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-dxsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-exsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-exsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  arch-exsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  auto-synchro-translucent(obsolete)                [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  auto-synchro-transparent(obsolete)                [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  auto-synchro-white(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  axsynchro-translucent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  axsynchro-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  axsynchro-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  bxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  bxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  bxsynchro-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  cxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  cxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  cxsynchro-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  dxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  dxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  dxsynchro-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  exsynchro-translucent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  exsynchro-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  exsynchro-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a0xsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a0xsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a0xsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a1xsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a1xsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a1xsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a2xsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a2xsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a2xsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a3xsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a3xsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a3xsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a4xsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a4xsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]
  iso-a4xsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-SYNCHRO]

The keywords for "media" that pertain to the "Auto-Cut" cutting type should probably also be obsoleted, but the description in RFC 2911 page 205 makes it difficult to be sure whether these are the media that pertain to this cutting type because, for instance, "auto-synchro-white" seems to pertain to more than one cutting type. Some guidance on that might be helpful.

Cheers,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    HP Inc.
*/

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: "Kennedy, Smith \(Wireless & IPP Standards\) via ipp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 18:40:20 +0000

Hi Mike,

(Re-adding the IPP reflector)

> On Oct 15, 2020, at 11:34 AM, Michael Sweet <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Smith,
> 
> Given that MSN1 was published in *2002*, I would argue that we might as well mark all of the RFC 2911 media values as obsolete.
> 
> (I also notice that there are some legacy media names that are incorrectly listed as registered by MSN1, which I will remove from the next registry update...)

I'm fine with that. The registration for that will I believe cover 210 media names. Here's an updated registration with a different REFERENCE placeholder:

Attributes (attribute syntax)
  Keyword Attribute Value                           Reference
  ---------------------------------------------     --------------
media (type2 keyword | name(MAX)                    [RFC8011]
  a-transparent(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  a-transparent(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  a-white(obsolete)                                 [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-a-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-a-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-a-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-axsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-axsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-axsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-b-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-b-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-b-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-bxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-bxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-bxsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-c-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-c-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-c-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-cxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-cxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-cxsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-d-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-d-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-d-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-dxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-dxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-dxsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-e-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-e-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-e-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-exsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-exsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  arch-exsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  auto-fixed-size-translucent(obsolete)             [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  auto-fixed-size-transparent(obsolete)             [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  auto-fixed-size-white(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  auto-synchro-translucent(obsolete)                [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  auto-synchro-transparent(obsolete)                [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  auto-synchro-white(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  auto-translucent(obsolete)                        [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  auto-transparent(obsolete)                        [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  auto-white(obsolete)                              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  axsynchro-translucent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  axsynchro-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  axsynchro-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  b-translucent(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  b-transparent(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  b-white(obsolete)                                 [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  bxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  bxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  bxsynchro-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  c-translucent(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  c-transparent(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  c-white(obsolete)                                 [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  cxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  cxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  cxsynchro-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  d-translucent(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  d-transparent(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  d-white(obsolete)                                 [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  default(obsolete)                                 [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  dxsynchro-translucent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  dxsynchro-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  dxsynchro-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  e-translucent(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  e-transparent(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  e-white(obsolete)                                 [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  executive-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  exsynchro-translucent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  exsynchro-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  exsynchro-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  folio-white(obsolete)                             [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  invoice-white(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a0-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a0-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a0-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a0xsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a0xsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a0xsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1x3-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1x3-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1x3-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1x4-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1x4-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1x4-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1xsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1xsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a1xsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2x3-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2x3-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2x3-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2x4-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2x4-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2x4-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2x5-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2x5-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2x5-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2xsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2xsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a2xsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3-colored(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x3-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x3-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x3-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x4-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x4-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x4-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x5-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x5-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x5-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x6-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x6-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x6-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x7-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x7-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3x7-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3xsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3xsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a3xsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4-colored(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x3-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x3-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x3-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x4-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x4-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x4-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x5-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x5-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x5-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x6-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x6-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x6-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x7-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x7-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x7-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x8-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x8-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x8-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x9-translucent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x9-transparent(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4x9-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4xsynchro-translucent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4xsynchro-transparent(obsolete)              [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a4xsynchro-white(obsolete)                    [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a5-colored(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a5-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a5-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a5-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a6-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a7-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a8-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a9-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-a10-white(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b0-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b1-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b2-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b3-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b4-colored(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b4-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b5-colored(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b5-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b6-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b7-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b8-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b9-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  iso-b10-white(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b0-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b0-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b0-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b1-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b1-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b1-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b2-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b2-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b2-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b3-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b3-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b3-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b4-colored(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b4-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b4-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b4-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b5-colored(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b5-translucent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b5-transparent(obsolete)                      [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b5-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b6-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b7-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b8-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b9-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  jis-b10-white(obsolete)                           [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  ledger-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  na-legal-colored(obsolete)                        [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  na-legal-white(obsolete)                          [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  na-letter-colored(obsolete)                       [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  na-letter-transparent(obsolete)                   [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  na-letter-white(obsolete)                         [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]
  quarto-white(obsolete)                            [HP-OBSOLETE-2911-MEDIA]

> 
> 
>> On Oct 15, 2020, at 1:14 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) via ipp <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>> 
>> Signed PGP part
>> Greetings,
>> 
> ________________________
> Michael Sweet

---

From: wamwagner--- via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 16:51:34 -0400

I guess I am a little behind, but just came across  Microsoft Universal Print. Although it appears limited to those using Microsoft Subscription Services, and is presented as a Azure capability developed by Microsoft,  documentation does show the user computer to Cloud communication as using “Standard IPP Protocol” and the Cloud to Device communication as using “IPP Infrastructure Protocol”.  I see no further mention of IPP.  The information suggests that few printers support Universal Print but that there  a “Print Connector” which looks like it may be an IPP proxy. 
Without violating confidential information, is this indeed an IPP implementation bound in a proprietary context?
Thanks, 
Bill Wagner
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp

---

From: Al Soto via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 21:12:42 +0000

MS is using the Mopria spec.

From: ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 1:52 PM
To: PWG IPP WG Reflector <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IPP] Questions on Microsoft Universal Print
[EXTERNAL]
I guess I am a little behind, but just came across  Microsoft Universal Print. Although it appears limited to those using Microsoft Subscription Services, and is presented as a Azure capability developed by Microsoft,  documentation does show the user computer to Cloud communication as using “Standard IPP Protocol” and the Cloud to Device communication as using “IPP Infrastructure Protocol”.  I see no further mention of IPP.  The information suggests that few printers support Universal Print but that there  a “Print Connector” which looks like it may be an IPP proxy.
Without violating confidential information, is this indeed an IPP implementation bound in a proprietary context?
Thanks,
Bill Wagner
Confidentiality notice: This message may contain confidential information. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not that person, you should not use this message. We request that you notify us by replying to this message, and then delete all copies including any contained in your reply. Thank you.
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp