Subject: [IPP] Updated IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 draft posted for review at November F2F

From: "Kennedy, Smith \(Wireless & IPP Standards\) via ipp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 04:55:33 +0000

Greetings,

I've posted a new draft of IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 for us to review at next week's November 2020 F2F. The new draft is here:

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20201029.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20201029.pdf>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20201029.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20201029.docx>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20201029-rev.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20201029-rev.pdf>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20201029-rev.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20201029-rev.docx>

In this revision, I resolved all review feedback from IPP WG review documented in ippv2-concall-minutes-20200924.pdf and ippv2-concall-minutes-20201001.pdf:
·      Split Figure 1 and Figure 2 (sequence diagrams for 3.2.7 and 3.2.8 that pertain to Get-User-Printer-Attributes) each into two, so there are now 4 figures in section 3.2.

·      Added references to definitions leveraged from STD92

·      Added clarifying text to section 7.1

·      Included Reprocess-Job in section 7.4 and 7.5

·      Changed the old syntax definition of "job-password-encryption" from DEPRECATED to OBSOLETE

·      Added a description of "job-state-reasons" and "which-jobs" to section 4.1

·      Changed some of the new keywords for "job-state-reasons"

o   'job-await-proof-approval' -> 'job-suspended-for-approval'

o   'job-release-wait' -> 'job-held-for-release'

o   Simplified the "job-state-reasons" for Job Storage

·      Normalized the terms used in attribute definitions: use "indicates" for boolean / integer / rangeOfInteger syntaxes, "lists" for 1setOf syntax, "provides" for xxx-default attributes

·      Changed passive voice to active voice

·      A few other minor changes and many editorial changes

Cheers,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    HP Inc.
*/

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp