Subject: [IPP] Another updated draft of IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 (NODRIVER) posted for review

From: "Kennedy, Smith \(Wireless & IPP Standards\) via ipp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 23:52:16 +0000

Greetings,

I've posted another updated draft of IPP Driverless Printing Extensions v2.0 (NODRIVER):

https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippnodriver20-20201029.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippnodriver20-20201029.pdf>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippnodriver20-20201029.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippnodriver20-20201029.docx>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippnodriver20-20201029-rev.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippnodriver20-20201029-rev.pdf>
https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippnodriver20-20201029-rev.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippnodriver20-20201029-rev.docx>

Changes in this revision from the one posted 2 days ago:

Fixed the URLs on the first page, which were not using the right file name (!).
Adopted the "jpeg-features-supported" Printer Description attribute registered by Apple in 2015 (https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/registrations/apple-jpegfeatures-20151021.txt <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/registrations/apple-jpegfeatures-20151021.txt>)
Adopted the "printer-firmware-name", "printer-firmware-string-version", "printer-firmware-patches" and "printer-firmware-version" Printer Description attributes registered by Apple in 2019 (https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/registrations/apple-printer-firmware-20190724.txt <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/registrations/apple-printer-firmware-20190724.txt>)
Fixed the first line of the description for "jpeg-k-octets-supported", "jpeg-x-dimension-supported", "jpeg-y-dimension-supported", "pdf-k-octets-supported", and "pdf-versions-supported" to match the current convention (e.g. "This CONDITIONALLY REQUIRED Printer Description attribute..." rather than "The "xxx-supported Printer Description attribute...")
Added the "pdf-features-supported" attribute since there are some optional PDF features that a Printer might support but has no way to advertise this support.
The "-rev" are diff'ed against the 20200204 revision.

Sorry for the thrash,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    HP Inc.
*/

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp