Subject: [IPP] RFC 8011 definitions of "date-time-at-xxx" different than the IANA registry

From: "Kennedy, Smith \(Wireless & IPP Standards\) via ipp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 19:05:10 +0000

Hi there,

As discussed today in the F2F, I found that RFC 8011 includes these definitions:

5.3.14.5.  date-time-at-creation (dateTime|unknown)

   This RECOMMENDED attribute indicates the date and time at which the
   Job was created.

5.3.14.6.  date-time-at-processing (dateTime|unknown|no-value)

   This RECOMMENDED attribute indicates the date and time at which the
   Job first began processing after the Job Creation request or the most
   recent Restart-Job operation.

5.3.14.7.  date-time-at-completed (dateTime|unknown|no-value)

   This RECOMMENDED attribute indicates the date and time at which the
   Job entered a Terminating State ('completed', 'canceled', or
   'aborted').

But the IANA registry lists them thus:

Document Status     date-time-at-completed          dateTime | no-value     [PWG5100.5]
Document Status     date-time-at-created            dateTime                [PWG5100.5]
Document Status     date-time-at-creation           dateTime                [PWG5100.5]
Document Status     date-time-at-processing         dateTime | no-value     [PWG5100.5]
Job Status          date-time-at-completed          dateTime | no-value     [RFC8011]
Job Status          date-time-at-creation           dateTime                [RFC8011]
Job Status          date-time-at-processing         dateTime | no-value     [RFC8011]
Resource Status     date-time-at-canceled           dateTime | no-value     [PWG5100.22]
Resource Status     date-time-at-creation           dateTime                [PWG5100.22]
Resource Status     date-time-at-installed          dateTime | no-value     [PWG5100.22]

So I think the IANA Registry needs updating to add the 'unknown' out-of-band value to all of these attributes' syntaxes?

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    HP Inc.
*/

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp