Subject: [ippm] ID draft-ietf-mcgregor-ippm-00.txt

From: Tony McGregor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:26:14 +1300 (NZDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This is a personal draft that may be of interest to
members of IPPM.

	Title		: IP Measurement protocol
	Author(s)	: A McGregor
	Filename	: draft-mcgregor-ipmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 22-Feb-02

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcgregor-ipmp-00.txt

   The practice and need for active network measurement is well
   established, however current tools are not well suited to this
   task, mostly because the protocols which they employ have not
   been designed for measurement of the modern Internet.
   The IP Measurement Protocol (IPMP) is based on packet-probes, and
   is designed to allow routers to participate in measurements by the
   insertion of path information as the probe passes between a pair of
   hosts.  IPMP is tightly constrained and easy to implement.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mcgregor-ipmp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft--mcgregor-ipmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcgregor-ipmp-00.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-mcgregor-ipmp-00.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm