Subject: [ippm] IPPM MIB split proposal

From: STEPHAN Emile FTRD/DAC/LAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:55:26 +0100

hi,

This a proposal to split the IPPM MIB to provide a MIB for reporting as
request by the new charter.

-1- Reporting MIB

	currently the IPPM-MIB tables are :

		ippmOwnersControlTable 
		ippmResultSharingTable 
		ippmMetricTable 
		ippmMeasureTable 
		ippmHistoryTable 
		ippmNetworkMeasureTable 
		ippmAggregatedMeasureTable 
		ippmReportSetupTable 
		ippmReportTable 

	The tables needed for alarms and reports are :

		ippmOwnersControlTable
		ippmMetricTable 			
		ippmMeasureTable 			
		ippmHistoryTable 			
		ippmNetworkMeasureTable 		
		ippmAggregatedMeasureTable 	
		ippmReportSetupTable 		
		ippmReportTable 			

	The table ippmResultSharingTable may be removed.

	The table ippmOwnersControlTable become read only. Rows are added
internally using the call CreateOwner(). The table is set at the
installation and managed locally by the administrator of the device.

	The table ippmMetricTable is still read only. It describes the
metric implemented and their implementation details.

	The tables of the measures become read only. Rows are added
iternally using the call ControlMeasure(). They correspond to setup provided
by the OWAP control protocol, by the installation software or by the
internal management software  :

		ippmMeasureTable 			
		ippmNetworkMeasureTable 		
		ippmAggregatedMeasureTable 
		ippmReportSetupTable 	

	The tables of the results are still read only. Rows are added
iternally using the call CreateResult(). There are feeded by the measure
results provided by the OWAP test protocol and cleared according to the
measure setup, the report setup and the available ressources:

		ippmHistoryTable 			
		ippmReportTable 	

-2- Optional tables

	 The table ippmOwnersControlTable is mandatory.There is at list one
line corresponding to the owner 'monitor'.

	The table ippmMetricTable is mandatory.

	The tables ippmMeasureTable and ippmNetworkMeasureTable are
mandatory.

	The need for the tables ippmAggregatedMeasureTable depends on to the
point of measure capabilities. It is optional if the point of measures
performs only network measures.

	The need for the tables ippmReportSetupTable  and ippmReportTable
depend on to the point of measure capabilities. They are optional if the
point of measures has not thresholds and alarms capabilities.

-3- lightweight IPPM-MIB

	So the lightweight IPPM-MIB implementation (without alarm and
report) consists in 5 tables :

		ippmOwnersControlTable			-- few change	
		ippmMetricTable				-- never change
		ippmMeasureTable 				-- set up by
OWAP control protocol
		ippmNetworkMeasureTable  			-- set up by
OWAP control protocol
		ippmHistoryTable 				-- set up by
OWAP test protocol

	regards
	Emile	

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

        E. Stephan                       		Tel: (+ 33) 2 96 05
36 10
        France Telecom R&D, Dpt. CPN   	Fax: (+ 33) 2 96 05 18 52
        2 avenue Pierre Marzin              
        F-22307 Lannion cedex 
          mel: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----