Subject: [ippm] Final CFP - Networks 2002

From: bennybing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:06:18 -0700

Call For Papers - Networks 2002 (Joint ICN 2002 and ICWLHN 2002)
26 - 29 August 2002, Atlanta, USA
www.icwlhn.org

The IEEE International Conference on Wireless LANs and Home Networks
(ICWLHN 2002) will be held in conjunction with the IEEE International
Conference on Networking (ICN 2002). ICWLHN 2002 follows the success of
ICWLHN 2001 which was held in Singapore, attracting over 150 attendees
from 20 countries and featuring distinguished speakers such as Dr.
Leonard Kleinrock (Inventor of Internet Technology) and Dr. Bob Heile
(IEEE
802.15 Chairman). ICN 2001 was held in Colmar, France, attracting over
300 paper submissions from 39 countries.
This joint conference brings together engineers, practitioners,
scientists, as well as industry professionals from manufacturers and
service
providers. By combining ICWLHN 2002 and ICN 2002, participants will
benefit from a wide variety of technical sessions covering various
aspects
of networking technology. A special 1-day wireless LAN seminar will be
organized. Come hear some of the world’s most dynamic presenters speak,
including leading experts such as Dr. Norman Abramson (inventor of the
first access protocol - the ALOHA protocol) and Daniel Awduche
(co-inventor of MPLS) who will talk about the latest technology
breakthroughs.
In addition, come enjoy the remarkable city highlights in Atlanta, home
of the 1996 Olympics as well as CNN, Coca-Cola and the historic Fox
Theater.

Topics of Interest

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:

- Communications switching and routing  (MPLS, GMPLS, etc)
- Network security
- Multimedia and multicast communications
- Internet technologies
- Network management, control and signalling
- Quality of Service (IntServ, DiffServ, etc)
- Wireless networks (e.g., 802.11, 802.15, Satellite, 3G/4G, etc.)
- Wireless channel modeling, modulation and coding
- Voice over IP
- Java, Tina, Corba architectures
- ATM/IP networks
- Mobile computing and ad-hoc networks
- Traffic engineering
- Telecommunication network architectures
- Last mile technologies (e.g., optical, cable, DSL, wireless, etc)
- Performance/protocol evaluation, modeling and design
- Mobile agents, active, reconfigurable and intelligent networks
- Applications and case studies

Submission Instructions

Both papers and tutorials are solicited. Prospective paper authors
should submit, by email, a pdf version of their extended abstracts
comprising between 2000 to 3000 words. The top of the first page of each

paper
should include the title of the paper, authors' name, position,
address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail of the author responsible for

correspondence. The abstract should summarize original research findings

and
sufficient material should be provided to allow reviewers to make sound
judgments. The abstracts should be compressed if the file size exceeds
1 Mbyte and submitted according to the following procedure:

For USA and Canada:

Benny Bing
Georgia Centers for Advanced Telecommunications Technology
250 14th Street NW, Room 270 Atlanta, GA  30318, USA.
Phone: +1-404-3850271, Fax: +1-404-8945692
Email: [email-masked]

For Rest of the World:

Pascal LORENZ
University of Haute Alsace
IUT - Department GTR
34 rue du Grillenbreit, 68008 Colmar, France
Phone: 33 (0)389202366, Fax: 33 (0)389202359, Mobile: 33 (0)603658042
E-mail: [email-masked]

Manuscript submission: April 16, 2002
Acceptance notification: May 20, 2002
Final manuscript due: May 31, 2002 (Absolute Deadline)

Authors of best papers will be invited to submit papers to the IEEE
Journal on Selected Areas of Communications and the Baltzer
Telecommunications Systems Journal.

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm