Subject: [ippm] IPFIX

From: Victor Reijs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 13:52:29 +0100

Hello all of you,

I know this is not really part of IPPM (active measurements), but
in the passive measurement group they are going to finalize the
information model for IPFIX.
I still have some idea (or is it a dream;-) that active and
passive measurements can in some way utilize perhaps the same (or
partially the same) information model. If you also think the
same, please try to review the IPFIX information model from such
a standpoint. The model can be found at:
http://ipfix.doit.wisc.edu/req/draft-ietf-ipfix-reqs-04.txt

All the best,

Victor
-- 
PGP public key:
http://www.heanet.ie/heanet/projects/nat_infrastruct/pubkey.html
H.323 GDS: <exit-zone>+00353 01101001
H.323 ViDiNet: <exit-zone>+61330060909 01101001
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Henrik Holland <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:27:05 +0200

Dear all,

This may not be directly IPPM but maybe some of you can help me. In 
http://netperformance.genuity.com/documents/Methodology1.pdf I find:

"The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) specifies that a network 
element is "available" if it responds successfully to a minimum of 15 pings 
out of 20 it receives."

Can anyone tell me where (in what doc) the IETF specifies this?

Regards,
Henrik.

---

From: "Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:45:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Henrik,

> Can anyone tell me where (in what doc) the IETF specifies this?

It is definitely not in any IPPM document.

It would also be a very silly metric: if I'm accessing a device through
protocol X, I want to know if it responds to that protocol, not if it
responds to another protocol.

Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                    Email: [email-masked]
RIPE Network Coordination Centre     WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
Singel 258                         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1016 AB Amsterdam                    Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands                   Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That problem that we weren't having yesterday, is it better? (Big ISP NOC)

NOTE: My email address (and a hole in our mailing list software) is being
      abused by a spammer.  We are working on fixing this hole and tracking
      the spammer down.  If you receive mail from "[email-masked]" that is
      obviously spam, please send me a copy of the mail including ALL headers.
      I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.