Subject: RE: [ippm] Synchonization state: consistency among owdp and ippm mib

From: "Robert Holley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 06:09:37 -0400

Stanislav,

I've read through the email thread referenced in your earlier message (a few
times) and let me make sure I have a clear view of the discussion.

1. A system reports its time, synch method and precision to another system.
2. Since we cannot be "all knowing", we have to assume the information
reported by the system is correct (i.e. no malicious or unintentional
mis-information in the time report).
3. Based on that information, we can make a reasonable decision on if the
measurement data is acceptably accurate.

If this summarizes the conclusions from the email thread, then it seems to
be a reasonable and practical approach.

regards
============================================
Robert Holley
Network Consulting Engineer
Global Solutions Engineering

Cisco Systems
7025 Kit Creek Road.
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Phone:  +1 919-392-2359
Pager:   +1 800-796-7363 pin 100-9187
============================================

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm