Subject: Re: [e2e] Re: [ippm] [Fwd: State of MPLS deployments today]

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 03:51:34 -0700

> I just couldn't resist to address his comments after last few years
> dedicated to deploying various MPLS applications around the world to
> numerous production networks of large operators.

it would be more useful to hear from the actual operators
themselves how they have deployed such technologies in the
core of their networks, as opposed to hearing from their
official spokes-company from san jose.

randy

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 23:11:23 GMT

*> 
  *> It is quite known that university professors are pretty much out of
  *> touch with real networks and reality

Then please remove the end2end-interest list from this discussion.
This list includes quite a number of university professors; if you
are not interested in their contributions, you are wasting their time
as well as insulting them.  What company did you say you work for?

Bob Braden

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 09:22:11 +0200

Bob,

I did generalized that statement what is not correct. 

I meant to say that _a_few_ university folks don't relly keep track of
the way large networks worldwide are operated today - yet they issue a
statements which simply don't have any backup in facts. I apologize for
the tone of my mail - I did not intended to insult anyone on this list
including Prof Kave himself. 

In fact I have been looking into his COST works and I do greatly
appreciate his papers there !

Sincerely,
R.

> Bob Braden wrote: