Subject: [ippm] PAM2004 CFP - deadline 20 Nov 2003

From: Ian Pratt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:13:19 +0100

******************* CALL FOR PAPERS ***********************

       Passive & Active Measurement Workshop (PAM2004)

               Antibes Juan-les-Pins, France 
                   April 19-20, 2004

                 http://www.pam2004.org

***********************************************************

IMPORTANT DATES: 

 * Paper Submission:     November 20, 2003
 * Author Notification:  December 20, 2003
 * Camera Ready:         February 20, 2004

CONFERENCE INFORMATION

PAM2004, the fifth PAM workshop, is a two-day event focusing on
research and practical applications of passive and active measurement
and analysis techniques. Original papers describing novel work in
progress are invited from the research, provider, and other
communities on topics including, but not limited to:

 * Active Network Measurements 
 * Passive Network Measurements
 * Performance Metrics
 * Traffic Statistics
 * Measurement Visualization
 * New Measurement Approaches & Techniques 
 * Deployment of Measurement Infrastructure 
 * New Measurement Initiatives 
 * Monitoring of Wireless, Sensor and Ad Hoc Networks 

Student participation is strongly encouraged. PAM has a tradition of
being a true workshop with lively discussion and active participation
from all attendees. As such, we favor submissions reporting exciting
on-going work.

SUBMISSION INFORMATION

To ensure PAM2004 is fresh and interesting, we are soliciting short
abstracts in the first instance. These should be at most TWO pages in
length and present work in progress, explaining the basic approach and
motivation. Comprehensive results are not expected at this stage,
although the authors should comment on the results they expect to
obtain; there are three months between the abstract submission and
camera ready deadlines.

If selected for publication, authors will be expected to produce a SIX
page paper including results and validation.  The proceedings will be
published by INRIA. Visit the conference web site for further
submission information. Abstracts will be reviewed and acceptance
notified no later than December 20, 2003.

CONFERENCE VENUE

The workshop will by held in Le Meridien Garden Beach in
Juan-les-Pins, France.  Ideally located between Nice and Cannes, Le
Meridien Garden Beach offers one of the most beautiful sandy beaches
on the French Riviera, in the heart of Juan-les-Pins. Restaurants,
bars, fitness centre with indoor pool, terrace and meeting rooms
overlook the sea. With easy access to a range of water sports and a
casino, the hotel is a unique site on the French Riviera.

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE 

Ian Pratt (Programme Chair), University of Cambridge, UK
Chadi Barakat (General Chair), INRIA, France
Peter Key, Microsoft Research, UK
Yasuichi Kitamura, APAN, Japan
Ronn Ritke, NLANR/MNA, USA
Sue Moon, KAIST, Korea
Ian Graham, University of Waikato, New Zealand 
Geoff Huston, Telstra, Australia
Alex Tudor, Agilent, USA
Gianluca Iannaccone, Sprint, USA
Joerg Micheel, NLANR/Endace USA
Andrew Moore, University of Cambridge, UK
Nicolas Simar, DANTE, UK
Nevil Brownlee, University of Auckland, New Zealand 
Andre Broido, CAIDA, USA
Avi Freedman, Akamai, USA
Clarence Filsfils, Cisco, Belgium
Randy Bush, IIJ, Japan
Daryl Veitch, University of Melbourne, Australia

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP, but please
forward to anyone you believe may be interested -- thanks!

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm