Subject: [ippm] Comments on draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-05.txt

From: Fabien Michaut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:53:59 +0100

Dear Al,

I have two comments on the draft related to reordering:

1. On page 13, "Definition 2 : The degree of n-reordering of the sample 
is m/l" . It seams that m is not previously defined.
2. On page 14, What do you mean by adjacent? "1. n is a count of 
*adjacent* early packets." Is it always the case?  Consider the 
following example : In the arrival sequence s={1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 4, 5, 6, 
8}, packet 4 is n-reorderd with n=2, but packets 7 and 9 are not adjacent.

Best regards,

Fabien

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:59:52 -0500

Fabien,
thanks for your review and comments, see below.
Al

At 04:53 AM 03/01/2004, Fabien Michaut wrote:

>1. On page 13, "Definition 2 : The degree of n-reordering of the sample is 
>m/l" . It seams that m is not previously defined.

You're right.  We'll add
"where m is the number of n-reordered packets in the sample."

>*adjacent* early packets." Is it always the case?  Consider the following 
>example : In the arrival sequence s={1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 4, 5, 6, 8}, packet 4 
>is n-reorderd with n=2, but packets 7 and 9 are not adjacent.
Here we were referring to adjacent/consecutive positions at the receiver,
so we'll clarify that point.

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:59:52 -0500

Fabien,

You're right.  We'll add