Subject: [ippm] Revised list of milestones for the group

From: "Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE NCC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 03:11:18 +0100 (CET)

IPPM group,

During Tuesday's meeting, we discussed the list of open milestones for
the group and made suggestions on how to either finish them or drop them
due to a lack of interest.  The full list of milestones is at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ippm-charter.html, here is the list of
open items with their new, proposed, due date:

Aug 04   Create initial draft on the definitions of link bandwidth capacity.
         Comment: a potential author has been identified and will be
         contacted by the chairs.

Remove   Create initial draft on a sensitivity analysis of one-way delay
         and loss metric parameters (companion to the AS).
         Comment: there is no interest in this anymore.

Aug 04   Create draft on a One-Way Active Measurement Protocol that satisfies
         the requirements document.
         Comment: see next mail.

Remove   Create initial draft on comparing ITU and IETF IP performance metrics.
         Comment: the person who expressed interest in this has disappeared,
         it has also been argued hat this document is no longer necessary.

Dec 04   Submit link bandwidth capacity definitions draft to the IESG,
         for consideration as an Informational RFC.

Remove   Submit draft on bulk transfer capacity metric based on the bulk
         transfer framework (CAP) to the IESG for Proposed Standard.
         Comment: Interest from the authors has disappeared, the draft
         expired.

Dec 04   Submit recommendation to the IESG on whether to advance, recycle,
         or deprecate RFCs 2678, 2679, 2680, and 2681 (connectivity, loss, &
         delay).

         Replace by: collect implementation reports for RFCs 2678-2681.
         See next mail for details.

Oct 04   Submit draft on a packet reordering metric to the IESG for Proposed
         Standard
         Comment:  This document exists but needs more readers.

Remove   Submit AS for one-way delay and loss to the IESG for PS

Remove   Submit sensitivity analysis of one-way delay and loss, for
         consideration as an Informational RFC.

Dec 04?  Submit draft on a MIB for reporting IPPM metrics.
         Comment: this is under discussion, a mail will follow later.

Aug 04   Submit draft on the One-Way Active Measurement Protocol to the
         IESG for consideration as a PS

If you were the author of any of the dropped items and still plan to work on
them, please contact us with a new ETA.  Also contact us if you feel that
a work item should not be dropped _and_ you have time to work on it.

Please comment on this proposal by March 16 (2 weeks from today),

Matt & Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit
and wisdom to do their job properly.                          (David Brent).

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm