Subject: [ippm] draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-12.txt

From: stanislav shalunov <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Dec 2004 13:40:54 -0500

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Dear Internet-Drafts Administrator,

Please publish
http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/ippm/draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-12.txt
(SHA1 = 54fe8def0f324a988f1b41e5a55f2dd5819018af) as an internet-draft.

Thank you.

IPPM,

This version (12) of the OWAMP specification contains the following
changes compared to the version 11:

* WIRE FORMAT CHANGE: The key in OWAMP-Test (authenticated and
  encrypted modes) is changed from the session key k of the
  OWAMP-Control session that spawned the OWAMP-Test session to
  AES_k(SID), where SID is the OWAMP-Test session identifier.  This
  prevents an attack identified by Sam Weiler where authenticators
  from one stream are used with another stream (within the same
  OWAMP-Control session).

* WIRE FORMAT CHANGE: Removed one block of IZP from the Fetch-Ack
  message.  The Test-Request section concludes with a block of IZP and
  having an extra block of IZP is redundant and potentially confusing.

* Change Fetch-Ack field name to be less confusing.  Specify values
  for num skips/next_seqno if session is not terminated.  (No wire
  format change.)

-- 
Stanislav Shalunov		http://www.internet2.edu/~shalunov/

This message is designed to be viewed at an angle of 45 degrees.

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm