Subject: [ippm] pam 2006 call for papers

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:45:04 -0400

[Sorry for the spam, but I thought folks on this list would be
 particularly interested in the following CFP since PAM traditionally
 has involved a number of IETFers.  --allman]

Passive and Active Measurement Conference 2006
Preliminary Call For Papers

Conference Information

    The sixth Passive and Active Measurement conference will be held
    March 30-31, 2006 in Adelaide, Australia.  This event focuses on
    research and practical applications of network measurement and
    analysis techniques.  The conference's goal is to provide a
    forum for current work in its early stages.  Original papers are
    invited from the research and operations communities on topics
    including, but not limited to:

      * Active Network Measurements
      * Passive Network Measurements
      * Performance Metrics
      * Traffic Statistics
      * Measurement Visualization
      * New Measurement Approaches & Techniques
      * Deployment of Measurement Infrastructure
      * New Measurement Initiatives
      * Applications of Network Measurements
      * Network Measurements and Security
      * Network Troubleshooting using Measurements 
      * New Network Measurement Tools

    The PAM steering committee believes that releasing measurement
    data allows for better science to be conducted in the field of
    network measurement.  Therefore, for the first time, an award
    will be given at PAM 2006 for the best paper based on a new
    dataset that the authors are releasing for community use in
    subsequent research.  To qualify, a paper must significantly
    utilize a dataset that has been collected for the work presented
    in the paper.  Further, the dataset must be freely available to
    any researcher.  Authors should flag papers they wish to be
    considered for this award with a footnote on the first page of
    the paper.  Novel datasets are especially encouraged.  The
    awarded paper will be chosen from the set of qualifying papers
    accepted for the conference by a committee made up of a subset
    of the program and steering committees.

Conference Web Page

    http://www.pam2006.org/

Submission Information

    To ensure PAM 2006 is fresh and interesting, we are soliciting
    short papers.  Unlike in previous years, authors are asked for
    full papers and not extended abstracts.  No additional space
    will be given once a paper has been accepted.

    Papers must be submitted in the Springer LNCS format and must
    not exceed 10 pages.  Formatting guidelines are available here:

      http://www.springeronline.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,11855,4-164-2-72376-0,00.html

    Authors are, as always, asked to refrain from submitting papers
    submitted to PAM to other venues during the reviewing period.

    Paper submission instructions to be announced.

Important Dates

    Paper Registration: October 2, 2005
    Paper Submission: October 9, 2005 (HARD deadline)
    Author Notification: December 9, 2005
    Camera Ready: TBD (likely mid-late January 2006)
    Conference: March 30-31, 2006

Conference Organization
 
    General Chair: Matt Roughan, University of Adelaide

Program Committee

    Mark Allman, chair      ICSI
    Grenville Armitage      Swinburne University of Technology
    Steven Bellovin         Columbia University
    Ethan Blanton           Purdue University
    Randy Bush              IIJ
    Mark Claypool           WPI
    Anja Feldmann           Technical University, Muinch
    Timur Friedman          University P. & M. Curie
    Simon Leinen            SWITCH
    Z. Morley Mao           University of Michigan
    Alberto Medina          BBN Technologies
    David Meyer             University of Oregon/Cisco
    Andrew Moore            University of London
    David Moore             CAIDA
    Shawn Ostermann         Ohio University
    Dina Papagiannaki       Intel
    Matt Roughan            University of Adelaide
    Anees Shaikh            IBM TJ Watson Research Center
    Nina Taft               Intel
    Steve Uhlig             Universite catholique de Louvain

Steering Committee

    Mark Allman             ICSI
    Chadi Barakat           INRIA
    Nevil Brownlee          University of Auckland
    Mark Crovella           Boston University
    Constantine Dovrolis    Georgia Tech
    Ian Graham              Endace
    Ian Pratt               University of Cambridge
    Matt Roughan            University of Adelaide

For any additional information, please contact Mark Allman
([email-masked]). 

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm