Subject: [ippm] Visualization of metric term definitions

From: Andreas Åkre Solberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:29:47 +0200

We are trying to understand and use the terms defined in RFC2330 [1]  
in a report concerning metric composition and aggregation.

More specific we have read the defintitions of:
- singleton metric
- sample metric
- statistical metric
- derived metric

In the context of aggregation we need to separate "sample metrics  
from singleton metric" from "sample metrics from statistical metric".  
We made a figure, and would appreciate if anybody would comment on  
our visualization whether our perception and usage of the terms is  
consistent or conflicting with IPPM.

[1]: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2330.txt

-- 
Andreas Åkre Solberg
[email-masked]
UNINETT - http://uninett.no

Contact Info and PGP Public Key:
http://andreas.solweb.no/?Account=Work

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm